Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing bark from a log?
My wife is the artsy fartsy type and she is creating something new. How could I easily remove the bark from a log of about 14" long and 8" diameter? Log is from a willow tree and it was cut down last...
5
5

Durable roof slate
WHere is Devon?
5
5

how to check if AC drain pipe clogged
AZ is a bit hot lately, so running AC's more than usual. Just noticed no dripping out the drain pipes, but then again has been a bit dry at 10-12% humidity so maybe no big deal. But remember Jim...
10
10

Reaction to water from copper plumbing
One of the elderly neighbors had his old galvanized replaced with copper = and says ever since, she has had skin problems. She says she can't wear = costume jewelry because once the silver or gold...
14
14

Cleaning sink drain? ? ?
A friend tells me that there is a cleaning solution available which stands overnight in sink drains to clear away grease build-up. He also said that he had learned through some "tip sheet" that...
24
24

Whole House Fan
Second floor of my house gets considerably hotter than the first floor. I am considering installing whole house fan to mitigate this issue. Does whole house fan realy help? I was thinking about the...
17
17

Miter saw laser Q?
A power tool question? I have a B&D Firestorm 10" Miter saw with a laser guide. After years of use the laser became out of alignment. The manual instructs how to adjust it both vertically and...
4
4

OT: Bad at math? You're screwed.
"Getting something extra "for free" feels better than getting the same for less. The applications of this simple fact are huge. Selling cereal? Don't talk up the discount. Talk how much bigger the box...
25
25

Velux GGL-8 window
Remount the window so that bottom sticks out some or top sticks in some or both you solve the problem!!!
1
1

Sharkbites
Which fittings did you use? I've used straight connectors, tees and caps. I haven't tried any of the slip fittings yet. Did you? I was watching a football game one time. When a commercial came on I...
6
6

OT? Male urine hydraulics.
I think instead of a doctor, you need to see a rabbi... :-) Mark
14
14

Home Guy filters
Of course Home Guy will read this to try to evade the filters so.... So I guess I have two questions.... 1- How to answer this thread without HomeGuy seeing the answers 2- Best way to filter him out...
11
11

Pouring A New Concrete Stoop
The plan is to repair my front stoop as follows. 1 - Remove the brick veneer from the front and sides of my 4' x 6' x 14" stoop 2 - Bust up the slab 3 - Bust up the single 6' x 13" x 7" step This...
8
8

Stuck Water Meter
We got a letter from the town water department indicating that their last meter reading showed zero usage and unless we were out of town or something the meter is probably stuck and needs replacing. I...
31
31

Pump monitor?
I am on a well system and over the years have been alerted to a leak by hearing the pump running. It was never very loud but now has become so weak as to be inaudilble...no, the fact that I am pushing...
6
6