Subject Author Posted Replies

Which is better
Hi guys, I'm new here, but i already have a question bugging my mind. I just want to ask what should I use for banister, should I use steel or wood? Would really appreciate your help.
9
9

No Layaway at Home Depot
I went to Home Depot to buy a new blade for my circular saw. The one that I need costs $12.99. I can not afford to pay off the whole thing for 2 or 3 months, and need to make payments. I asked them to...
19
19

Is a junction box behind clear acrylic considered concealed?
Let's say I need to extend some wires that run in the joist space below a crawl space attic above a bathroom. The crawl space has 1 x 4 flooring. I know I can't simply remove the floor boards, install...
37
37

Question about Mikata table saw guide
I have a Mikata table saw. About a year ago i had to remove the guard in or= der to make a cut. I re installed the guard and hadn't used thar saw since.= Today, I turned it on and saw sparks....
7
7

New Drywall Ceiling, Old Plaster Walls - Caulk Instead Of Tape?
My son lives in a rental house with a few of his buddies. It's not quite Animal House, but there are similarities. The landlord is really cheap and the house is pretty run down. Due to a roof leak,...
10
10

Painting mess
Soaked my brushes in brush cleaner. I've had to do this dozens of times b/4. This time, apparently I did not clean the brush cleaner out well enough from the brush. Forward to now. Put a second coat...
4
4

The new postal worker
If the USPS could have figured out some way to have Chinese, Indian and Filipino workers do the job, they would be doing it and we would be in real trouble. I've gotten my mail as late as 7:30PM on...
16
16

Wall mounted occupancy sensor
I am looking for a wall mounted occupancy sensor to control the lights in the hallway in our home. There are three switches (two 3-way and one 4-way) that control these lights. I want to replace only...
2
2

Will hydrogen balloons come back?
Helium is rapidly becoming unobtainable and very expensive when you find it. Now that smoking is virtually illegal, maybe hydrogen balloons are the answer (outside only).
90
90

Check my math and logic (shelves)
I hijacked these plans: I took the suggestion to make the shelves 32" wide. I am going to make them 7 ft high. 8 ft high would make them pretty hard to move around. I can't even get my nephew to take...
3
3

JohnDeer D100 - question about choice of motor oil
My friend has a JD D100 mower - second hand but new. We're about to change the motor oil and filter for the first time as recommended in the recommended oil cost nearly 6.00 a quart. Is there any...
14
14

(OT) Cellphone puzzler questions
I've had a basic Tracfone for a few years. It makes calls, texts, and can get basic internet service. It's just a simple phone without any bells and whistles. I can download pictures for a fee to use...
30
30

some beginner's painting questions
Hi All, Some beginner's painting questions: 1) for 8 sq ft do a really need a roller? Or can I stick with a brush? 2) if using a brush, can I dip directly into the can? Or, will the second time I dip...
32
32

need switch-switch-blank wallplate
I'm helping a friend fix up some things in her house. A mystery switch turned out to have no wires attached. It was just being used to fill the third hole in a three-gang wall plate. This is in a part...
20
20

Disconnecting Generac Generator
Hi All, We are disconnecting and removing a 10kw generator. There is an automatic transfer connected to the main panel isnide the house. Is there anything that must be done after disconnecting the...
22
22