Work boots

Been buying Danner hiking boots for work. Obviously I do a lot of walking, especially on pavement. Was disappointed with my last few pair of Redwings, now getting disappointed with Danner. Danner hiking are very comfortable, but they won't last more than 1-1/2 yrs. Maybe I'm expecting too much for $180.00.

What's a decent, comfortable boot, about 4.5" high without breaking the bank?

Reply to
Kern

Yep. Redwing went to crap 20 yrs ago. Last pair I bought was 30 yrs ago and they lasted 15 yrs, worn every day. Never bought Danner cuz they didn't make serious wide (4E). You need to look at Dehner boots.

They will break your bank, but how much are your feet worth? You can get into a pair for less than two pair at $360 for only 5 yrs. Plus, they are custom fit to your feet, not off-shelf sizes.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Wolverines are supposed to be good. No personal experience with them though.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I wear these when the weather gets cold.

five buckle overshoes keeps my feet warm in the winter. Summertime footwear is Walmart sneakers. I'm out in fields almost every working day. I'm walking through mud and whatever so good boots would just be a waste.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Nobody knows what works for you. Depends on your feet/legs, how much walking, where walking, etc. I never spent more than about 40 bucks on work foot gear. You didn't say why your boots are wearing out in 1 1/2 years. If it's the soles, and they can't be resoled, it's a garbage shoe, no matter the name or price. If it's the uppers falling apart, either you're not taking care of them, or it's a garbage shoe, no matter the name or price. Polyurethane soles/heels last almost forever. The only time I listened to anybody's advice about shoes was for running shoes. A marathoner I worked with said New Balance. It was good advice. They weren't especially expensive either. I recommend you start with inexpensive. You're already getting burned in terms of wear by paying $180. But if "name" and "looks" are important, your options are limited.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Get cheap work boots from Wal-Mart that are a half size bigger, wear at lea= st two pairs of thick socks, you=92ll never know the difference.

Reply to
recyclebinned

Actually, I did say. But, you were too busy trying to give a smart response to digest the information.

Obviously, you've never had a decent pair of work boots on if you believe the name & looks are what is being paid for.

It's like someone telling you, Walmart $9.95 tennis shoes are just as good as New Balance. BTW, it didn't take a marathoner to direct myself to New Balance.

Reply to
Kern

Good grief, you probably don't go to the dentist, cause you think you're saving money.

Reply to
Kern

I'm not very fond of buying shoes, but I'd rather spend thirty dollars and have to do it again in a year than $180 to make it last for three.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

If I can find shoes that fit for $180 and not have to do it again for three years, it would be a bargain. Seriously hard to fit feet might change your mind too. Fortunately, there's Amazon.

Reply to
krw

I bet you have the same problem with your head. Does Amazon work for that too?

Reply to
Doug

You don't have to prove how dumb you are, Douggie. BTW, you have shit in your teeth. It's gross.

Reply to
krw

Good luck with your hat.

Reply to
Doug

Just because you lost yours up your ass, doesn't mean everyone does.

Reply to
krw