Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with desk!
This isn't exactly a home repair but I figured someone here could help. I purchased one of these desks back in Aug. The specific desk I have is not pictured but to give you an idea, the problem I am...
34
34

Canada charts comfortable course to 2015 budget surplus
Look upon our fiscally-sound nation - and despair at the reality of yours. ================================= Feb 11, 2014 OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada's Conservative government looks set to comfortably...
6
6

OT. Credit Card Hacked, Skimmed in the U.K.
The president of Paypal had his credit card hacked. It's the more secure version of a card. Article here: (USA Today) David Marcus says credit card information was "skimmed" and used in a spending...
11
11

Adding UPS to light circuit
My house lighting is all LED total wattage with all on is less than 100 wat ts. What I want to do is to be able to connect my light circuits to the UPS during emergencies like this ice storm that is...
89
89

Motor oil removal?
I carelessly spilled some motor oil on the front of my truck when adding a quart. I tried spraying 409 household cleaner on it and rinsing it. No help. Tried the 409 and rubbing with paper towels....
18
18

Cat 5 for automatic sprinkler wiring (2023 Update)
Anyone use Cat 5 for sprinkler wiring? I had a home built over the fall an d winter and now I beginning to set up my sprinklers. The low voltage guys installed Cat 5 to my garage and to both sprinkler...
18
18

problem with vintage oil furnace starting
I have an oil furnace, forced air, It's a Carrier 58HV085, 34 years old, and works well, until last night after I fell asleep. (Please, no one tell me to get a new furnace. I've heard that before....
35
35

OT. Weather map
or (AEI) Map shows the cold spell that hit the eastern U.S. last month. It looks like California is stealing the heat. http://alturl.com/tdvp8 Free URL redirection service (also known as URL...
5
5

Broken Garage Door Torsion Spring .
How can I raise the garage door when the garage door torsion spring is broken?
19
19

Great way to paint
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1511052_696729870371740_1785623746_n.jpg
29
29

CFL lights flicker when turned off
In my bathroom I use 2 cfl for lighting. The problem is, recently, when I flip the switch turning the lights off, the 2 cfl's continue to flicker fai ntly. I read elsewhere that sometimes have a...
11
11

OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way
There is a winter storm warning in effect for Alabamastan. All sorts of schools, government offices and businesses will not open tomorrow Tuesday 2/11/2014 and everyone is freaking out and they don't...
69
69

How to remove this sliding glass door?
This door is hard to slide. The track itself looks ok and the door doesn't drag on the threshold, so I'm guessing the rollers are clogged with pet ha ir and dirt, etc. I have changed rollers on other...
23
23

modular storage shelf?
In hardware stores or warehouse the products are place in custome shelf built with slotted angle posts. Is there a light duty version for home use? For example, I want a shelf that is 5 feet wide and...
1
1

Target Breach Spells End For Magnetic Stripe Cards Next Year
After years spent fighting pushes for more secure standards, the payment card industry and retailers are moving quickly to abandon magnetic stripe cards and embrace so-called ?chip and pin?...
20
20