GE PermaTuf dishwasher (serial # GSD120OT-01) detergent cup stuck closed

Our General Electric PermaTuf dishwasher (serial # GSD120OT-01) detergent cup is stuck closed. Anyone know of an easy fix for this? Or a work around? Thanks!

Reply to
allisonelaurel

Hi, If I were you I wouldn't bother with it. Just throw detergent to the bottom of tub and start. Try it any way. Our new Bosch DW is used that way using dtergent cube.(Finish Platinum) never loaded detergent cup since it was new.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

cup is stuck closed. Anyone know of an easy fix for this? Or a work around ? Thanks!

Is it stuck closed due to softened and rehardened diswashing powder, or is the cover mechanically closed because it is not in the open door position o f the timer??

If is is stuck closed, pour some very hot, but not boiling, water over the door and then rotate the timer indicator slowly a full 360 degrees while ge ntly pulling on the cover. The hot water should loosen the stuck door. If it is mechanically' closed, you may havce to remmove the door cover to get at the release mechanism.

Reply to
hrhofmann

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP