Roof Shingles On Highway - Covered By Warranty?

I was driving along a highway yesterday and saw about a half dozen shingles lying in the left lane. They appeared to be firmly sealed to the asphalt.

If these shingles don't last 20 - 25 years, do you think they would be covered by the warranty?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Maybe they were mine..... A few years ago I bought some shingles and loaded them into a friends SUV with the back open. I told him to take it easy, but he apparently doesn't understand the difference between speed and acceleration. He thought it as OK to take off quickly from the driveway exit, into a not so big opening in the busy highway traffic.....

A minute later, I was standing in one lane of a two lane highway, cars whizzing by, picking up the 10 bundles that flew out the back. I feared the worst, but they were OK. They just came straight out the back and hit the road flat. I was most worried about getting hit by a car.

Reply to
trader_4

That reminds me of another thing we saw on the same trip where we saw the shingles in the road...

We were driving on a 2 lane country road when I saw a dead animal in my lane. As I made sure my van was going to straddle the carcass, I noticed that it was a raccoon, and then noticed 2 cars stopped on the shoulder, with people standing outside them, a few hundred feet ahead. As I drove slowly by, I saw that in between the 2 cars was another dead raccoon with 2 live babies lying on top of it. As my wife got teary eyed, all I could think of was the babies raccoons saying "Wake up, Mommy. Please wake up!"

I gotta admit, it was a pretty sad sight.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

This has nothing to do with home repair.

Reply to
Official Moderator

Sure it does...

1 - We saw the dead raccoons while driving to a farm. 2 - The farm serves as a day-hab for disabled adults. 3 - My wife is in charge of the greenhouse and vegetable gardens at the farm. 4 - My wife wants me to build raised garden beds to make it easier for her clients to work the gardens. 5 - I needed to measure the garden areas so I would know what to build. 6 - I will be building the raised gardens beds with the same tools that I use to repair my home.

There you go...the 6 degrees of separation between dead raccoons and home repair.

Reply to
DerbyDad03