Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas shortage UK
It's happening already.... 've never seen the cables from Europe maxed out before. Looks like the gas tank's running out.... Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
256
256

Mains power voltage drop to reduce usage?
Instead of rolling blackouts when there's a power shortage, why don't we just allow (or deliberately) the voltage and frequency to drop? Wouldn't that make a lot of devices use less?
820
820

Daylight Stupid Time?
Is Daylight Stupid Time ending this weekend?
33
33

Advice with carport
I am planning on building a carport on the side of my house (backyard) and I would like some advice about that if possible. I'm considering two options in terms of size: 20' x 24' or 24' x 24'. Here...
7
7

What material is used to support heating elements?
I'm trying to repair a vintage electric heater. What do you call the stuff which looks like silver coloured cardboard, to support the heating element? I want to order some, but have no idea what to...
7
7

Goalsetter Recall
Wall mounted basketball goal recalled. <> Consumers should stop using the recalled wall-mounted basketball goals immediately and contact Goalsetter for free removal of the basketball goal with a full...
1
1

Mica sheet in microwave
Simple question Can I flip the mica card over? The front is not bad but rather use the unused back. Fine?

"My Little Margie"
If you are 75 y.o. or more, you may remember "My Little Margie" from TV in the 50's. I'd almost forgotten it, but I found it on youtube and it's really good. There are at least 12 episodes, probably...
6
6

calculate volume irregular shape
I don't need to but I'd like to be able to calculate the volume of irregular shapes using a simple calculator from hand-drawn 3D shapes. Do you know of any easy to use free Windozeware that calculates...
13
13

Replacement engine air intake 3 inch rubber duct hose
Failed smog due to crack in 3 inch rubber air duct hose. $105 's a corrugated rubber hose about 10 inches long & about 3 inches wide. Do you think a less expensive box store A/C hose will work?
22
22

Woman Attacking House
Here's a video of a woman hitting the windows of a house with a pick ax. I bet the inventor of the pick ax never thought of using one for this. <> Terrifying security camera video caught the moment a...
3
3

Bath waste super-blocked
Something has fallen down our bath plughole and it is blocking the waste. It seems to be a bottle cap type thing which keeps flapping UP to block the pipe. It can be cleared but it does stay there and...
15
15

Pine Sol Recall
<>OR<> Consumers should immediately stop using Pine-Sol Scented Multi-Surface Cleaners in Lavender Clean, Sparkling Wave, and Lemon Fresh scents, CloroxPro Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaners, in Lavender...
5
5

What is the purpose of spikes on shoes?
What is the purpose of spikes on shoes? One article I read said it was to help runners on uneven terrain. I thought it was to help them when there is a layer of small stones etc. so that their feet...
12
12

Phone trouble
Got security system about 1 1/2 years ago. It is hooked to a modem with our internet and phone line. When on phone, the call drops, can’t hear the person and call gets busy signal, people call and...
3
3