Subject Author Posted Replies

Programmable Thermostat
Heat / auto
9

O.T. Home Free acappella
Concert in Scotland. They had their beatbox guy solo at 37:25 in. I ran across the concert while listening to the acappella Christmas stuff. Anyhow, it's here:

OT, Dr. Henry Heimlich, RIP
Yet the perfection of the hymenlick has saved a lot of marriages.
2
2

Newsreader Survey -- Which do you use?
I would be interested in finding out which newsreaders people here are using. My reason for asking is that I am now migrating to Windows 10 computers, and the Outlook Express (with QuoteFix) that I...
51
51

OT. A dummy rescued.
Police in Hudson, New York rescued a medical training aid. From the Daily Mail: Or: She looks like honest to goodness rest home material. Police in upstate New York responded to a caller who reported...
6
6

Rats are eating my hedge
I live in Southern California. We have a Juniper Hedge, 15' tall and wide and 150' long, a veritable wall that gives us privacy from the street. Lately, whole branches of the junipers have turned...
5
5

Using my mirror in a rentacar
Some cut. I'm curious why you care about direction if you're just wandering around. The main things to involved then is fuel, food, left, right, or straight ahead. Plus the hysterical markers along...
41
41

Re: I'VE HAD MY WAY WITH THIS FROUP
Can you help? Mr M, you seem to be the most active member of this group. You keep parrots too. I need some advice. I took a baby cockatiel from a breeder. I'll skip the explaination of conditions...

[SOLVED] DIY Key Duplication ?
Even at that it beats close to $ 100 the dealers rip you off for. Reminds me of a 1972 Dodge I had ordered. When it came in the dealer said he di dnot catch the requirements for an electronic ingition...
37
37

EneLoop NiMh Batteries: Precharged ??
That link is to regular NiMH. The Eneloop batteries hold on to their charge much longer, but not forever. Don. (e-mail link at home page bottom). List of web sites put up by Don Wiss. Historical info....
7
7

They changed the formula for Brasso!
Brasso was never the best anyway. The Navy provided it for polishing brass/copper, but there was something called Glow which worked much better. It was a paste that came in a tube. But you had to buy...
19
19

Popping noise from LED lights
Are you certain the LED lights are rated as being dimmable?
1
1

Lighting water heater manually
Some of them are no more sealed than the old match-lite units - in which case you CAN easily light them with a match. Usuall 1 philips screw to keep the sliding door in place.
8
8

Stove damper question
We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy claimed that a flue damper was better , kept...
2
2

Where do you buy California wheel weights for balancing tires at home?
So, what does Clare recommend? Govt regulation so that you have to prove that you have training, are certified, to work on your own car? Can you provide us some examples of the horrific results of the...
68
68