Finally a LED bulb that produces decent light when dimmed

I just bought a Philips BR40 65W Soft White Warm Glow LED bulb. It's the first one that I've seen that produces a decent color light when dimmed. All the others look cold, like fluorescent and are just terrible. This one goes lower in color temp, to an orange glow when dimmed, very close to an incandescent. They are available in other form factors, including recessed retrofit too. HD carries them online, $10

Reply to
trader_4

That is endearing...

Reply to
Tekkie?

I like the Philips Warm Glow bulbs too. We have them in our living room on a remote control CFL/LED dimmer switch. They are much more comforting to dim for watching a movie than regular "dimmable" bulbs.

Sylvania makes color changing bulbs too (I think Lowes sells them), but I didn't think the color reproduction was as good as the Philips bulbs.

Anthony Watson

HerHusband