Overhead Kitchen Light Fixture And LED's Question

Hi,
Have to replace a Very old overhead kitchen light fixture which uses two 60 W incandscent bulbs.
Seems like just about everything I can find that looks anything like what we now have use LED's.
Guess it depends on the fixture, but in general is it possible, or safe, to probably use incandescents in them ?
Too much heat, or... possibly ?
Bob
On 9/23/2017 7:11 AM, Bob wrote:

They use LED because it is by far the more sensible way to light a kitchen. I hope you have good under counter lights if you are using two 60W for the kitchen.
The fixture should be marked with a rating for the bulbs you can use. Heat is a factor, especially if enclosed.
I'm considering changing our kitchen fixture to something using LED lights. I'd have the "daylight" bulbs for the brightness they give in a work area. In our bathrooms we have over the mirror fixtures that use three of the 60W equivalent LED bulbs.
On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:06:54 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

+1
And if it's LED, I'd doubt it even has sockets for incandescents.

Recessed ceiling lights here in the kitchen and I recently replaced them with LED. Works great for the kitchen, no problems. I had converted to CFL and they were acceptable, but the light from the LEDs is much better and instant on.
The only place LEDs sucked was if you have to dim them. When you turned them down enough, instead of the incandescent warm effect, you got a nasty cold look. But now Philips makes warm glow ones that when dimmed go orange/red, look just like an incandescent. I was very impressed with them.
On 09/23/2017 07:11 AM, Bob wrote:

-
Why do you want to make your electric meter spin faster?
On 9/23/17 6:11 AM, Bob wrote:

I couldn't find it on the Ace Hardware website. The local store has flush mount LED fixtures that just screw into the existing incandescent fixture. It looks like one screws the fixture in to the socket then adjusts the fixture against the ceiling.
"Bob F" <> wrote in message > On 9/23/2017 4:11 AM, Bob wrote:

I replaced a 60w old style bulb with a 60w LED in a closed ceiling light fixture and it is noticeably cooler with the LED. phil k.