Subject Author Posted Replies

Amazon shipping?
Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping? I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm...
6
6

Need to identify the manufacturer or distributor of an LED
I got some hits using dimensions. I didn't see that part number. Greg
6
6

Never disassembled lawn mower - what makes the cord go slack?
In hind sight, leaving it outside in the rain all winter wasn't a good idea. What happened is, as you had surmised, I think, is that the spring rusted, causing friction. Adding copious amounts of...
25
25

Smart Homes and Court
Article here discussing potential eavesdropping by the new gizmos Siri, Alexa, and so on. Can prosecutors use any of it in court? The article says the issue is unsettled.
1
1

USPS Sunday Delivery Are Idiots
USPS Sunday service is horrible! When I track missing Sunday packages on the USPS website, I always get the "Delivery Attempted" message. The late package usually shows up with Monday's mail. As...
9
9

Rubber Bands
This isn't a serious problem in need of a solution, but it has my curiosity up. About 8 years ago, I used rubber bands (#33 whatever that means) to attach cardboard tags to a dozen water valves to...
17
17

connect 5 mm power cable
What connector is used to splice 5 mm power cable? Cannot be wire nut, can it? Photo links are highly appreciated.
4
4

What Is Your Star Rating Criteria For Making A Purchase?
How do you use the 5 Star rating system to make a decision? Do you have number, such as 80% 4? or above with 70% being 5? ?, or something like that? Obviously, we have to toss the irrelevant reviews...
24
24

Ground Connection For Furnace And Generator
Oh boy, another ground question. These discussions are always lively. :-) I lost power from the wind storm that hit the Great Lakes area on Wednesday. Last night I borrowed a generator from a friend...
45
45

Storm Door makes latching interior door difficult
I never had storm doors on my house. I just weatherstripped the regular door well. But even with weatherstripping, I always got a little water coming in under the door from rain storms. A recent...
2
2

sawdust
... Here's a link to a guy who's written out what I summarized before along with some suggestions for how to try to make use of it if you really want to...he even mentions the walnut issue...
13
13

new screen door(s)?
Hi All, Got a price from a mobile screen door company to replace my sliding glass window screen doors. (My screen doors are falling apart, rollers are all broken, etc..). They give a life time...
1
1

turning tomato plants
I never bury them deep. i dig a trench and plant them on their side,.]]
7
7

Pfaucets
I take back what I said a few weeks back about using only Price Pfister faucets. The ones I istalled a number of years back were fantastic. The new stuff, since Black and Decker have their hands in...

Why 3-prong plugs
SO OLD. Virtually everything in the last20 years anyway is "universal" or "auto switching" in the small SMPS world. Virtually all my laptop powes supplies and switch mode wall warts are listed as...
18
18