Soda Blasting

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property. I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut shells.

Most of the stuff I clean with it is steel and wood.

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while and was hoping someone has experience with them and can give me some insight about the advantages of the soda over the other abrasives.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

nb

Reply to
notbob

I appreciate you sharing your first hand experiences.......

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

maybe he wrote the wiki.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

That's it.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman posted for all of us...

I recall hearing from somewhere, that soda blasting on steel is not encouraged because it's reaction with paint. Others more knowledgeable can confirm or object.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I was mostly thinking about the method for use on aluminum.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman