Subject Author Posted Replies

Why do so many people
Why do they think they should be able to buy insurance after they get sick? It is like waiting until you total your car or burn down your house to get insurance.
1
1

Tracking not free at USPS
A few months ago there was a thread that claimed that tracking in the US postal service was free for any package or letter. Not so. It's free with certified mail and some other things but to just send...
6
6

Wiring Home for Cable TV - Upgrading to "ORANGE?" Cable?
My home was wired for cable TV sometimes in the 80's with the black coax. There are a couple of signal boosters in the system as the wiring covers 3 stores. We tried to upgrade our Xfinity/Comcast DVR...
8
8

Cold house
Why does the temperature in my house drop to 68 degrees when the "Heat" setpoint on my programmable thermostat is set to 80 degrees?
21
21

I have a Genie Model 404 screw drive garage door opener. My problem is when it closes, the motor shuts off, but the unit still hums and the light stays on, and it will not respond to the open command, neither remote or wall button. But if I unplug it, and
Genie Model 404 1/3 hp screw drive Garage Door Opener
4
4

OT. Biplane comeback?
From Science Daily: Researchers might be onto something that will replace the Concorde.

[SOLVED] How to clean orfice on small propane torch?????
I used to have wires to clean carbide lamps. Greg
13
13

Does anyone make an A19 Size, 1600 lumen, dimmable LED bulb?
if you wasnt such a dam tightwad yood buy the one from the amazon reseller.
22
22

First oil change in Forester
Cost $55 at Matt Slap plus I got $5 off from a coupon at their website. They did the multi-point inspection for free and took tire pressures all to 36 psi. Said I did not need tire rotation first time...
6
6

Are Touchless Faucets Worth The Cost?
I'll wait for the Amazon Alexa temperature and flow controlled faucet. "Alexa, set the kitchen faucet to 105 degrees Fahrenheit and 1/2 gallon per minute flow."
23
23

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak
I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for...
5
5

dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile
I put polyeurthane on table legs that had been replaced. _not thinking clearly I just put paper towel _under legs to catch any runs. what was I thinking. of course when dried & time for removing pt it...
2
2

Stuck Sink Stopper? Here's How to Fix It Yourself (or When to Call a Pro) (2023 Update)
Hi, My sink stopper is stuck in the closed position, hence water is unable to drain. I tried looking under the sink for the pivot rod but couldn't find anything. I'm able to push it down just a bit,...
6
6

Removing corroded mounting plate for robe hook in tile shower
Stainless steel is your friend.
13
13

Inside doors
You are so right. Anyone wanting home repair advice should only post where home repair subjects are given top priority. As an example, let's see how a.h.r has done recently. Top Threads Ranking...
9
9