OT: Jet engine thrust kills woman

Figured this was bound to happen. I always wanted to get to St Martin to see this. The end of the airport is almost on the beach, people wait there to experience jets, including big ones, landing right over their heads. The bars even have the schedule up, so you can get there for the big uns.

The govt knows this is a tourist attraction, why there would be any concrete on the beach so that if you fall you could hit your head, IDK. Hope this doesn't ruin the fun.

Reply to
trader_4

There is the place where everybody stands, a road, and then the beach. The person probably hit the road. I am trying to remember if there is a barrier between the street and the airport, but not able to . They used to have a webcam at the bar and you could see the take offs and landings. This is a webcam on the airport proper, but it doesn't show the full effect as the one at the bar used to.

Kurt V. Ullman

Here are some youtube videos:

Last one shows what you're saying, that there is the fence, then the road, then the beach. She was holding on to the fence, so there is plenty there that she could hit, like the metal guard rail.

Reply to
trader_4