Wall switch won't turn off bathroom ceiling fan

I have a wall switch to turn the bathroom ceiling fan on/off for taking sho wers, one night after it was turned on, could not turn off, the fan kept ru nning after turning the switch on and off a couple of times, so I had to un plug the fan from the ceiling box. May anybody help? Thanks in advance, Ann

Reply to
oceanwake

Replace the switch.

Reply to
Thomas

These are great for bathroom exhaust fans.

Herb Bisside

First thought would be a defective switch.

Reply to
clare

showers, one night after it was turned on, could not turn off, the fan kep t running after turning the switch on and off a couple of times, so I had t o unplug the fan from the ceiling box. May anybody help?

Better yet are humidity sensor switches with a manual On/automatic Off for odors.

Timers are great for bathroom heaters.

Here's my switch bank. From the left:

Dimmer for the lights Humidity sensor for the fan* Timer for the heater.**

  • The fan can be turned on manually, but will turn off automatically after
30 minutes, assuming the humidity level is low enough. "Forgetting" is not an issue. ** The heater can only be turned on via one of the timer switches, but can be turned off manually if desired. Again, "forgetting" is not an issue.

DerbyDad03