Subject Author Posted Replies

Another earthquake out west
<> Bigger than the earlier one. I'll take take the Nebraska weather instead. The quake struck at 8:21 p.m. and was centered in the same location as Thursday's. 6.4. The quake struck at 8:21 p.m. and...
3
3

I want to sell
Yup!  Obamacrats buy a house, they trash the place and then they walk away.  It's all the rich man's fault.
20
20

Water filter plug. Fridgadeer
"Spicket" is named for Edward R Spickman (1871-1944), a plumber who wished he had invented something important, although he didn't :-)
4
4

Re: All circuit breakers off but still have power
I have a strange one I’m replacing a lot of switches & outlets down stairs when I cut the power test the outlets and switches all is good however when I was trying to work the up stairs I turned the...
14
14

Anyone know if Shoprite is open today?
Anyone know if Shoprite or Kings are open today? Also any liquor stores? Thanks
4
4

Earthquake rattles Mojove Desert in California
I felt it shake in Las Vegas -- mild ground rubble. Still no waterfront property, yet.
17
17

Does propane go bad
Propane should last as long as the container it is in. The grill tanks expire after 12 years and cannot be refilled, but they should last much longer. It will not vaporize if the temperature drops to...
15
15

It's July 4
The Denver Brass was wandering around one day: <> And there's Lee Greenwood: <> Denver Brass and friends, Celtic Colorado Pipes & Drums, surprised the patrons of the Cherry Creek Arts Festival in...

OT. MAD magazine winding down
CNN is a hard act to follow when it comes to political satire...
2
2

OT: have you been getting robo calls in Chinese?
Oh I get that my computer is hacked, my Windows license need to be renewed, the IRS is coming for me, my local constabulary is coming to arrest me ... Oh and every two years, vote for me, I am an...
4
4

OT So many?
OT Why do they need so many printed forms for the census if it's going to be handled online? I don't really doubt that they need them, but i can't figure out why.
105
105

OT. Iacocca dead
Pintos go down in the Hall of Shame along with Corvairs but the Vega was no prize either. However the Pinto got the full treatment of Mark Dowie's breathless prose:
3
3

Are cemamic knives really sharp?
Google & read-up ... use a normal sharpening steel on a folded-steel knife. John T. Ceramic knife - Wikipedia Ceramic knives promise to continuesly be extremely sharp. Practice shows different and...
26
26

Re-cording bench grinder
I am replacing the switch to my 6 inch bench grinder. The wires going to the motor housing are both white. Green ground wire goes from cord to ground screw on the grinder housing. I did not write down...
6
6

Restore power to outlets on deck
Hi I am about to build a deck ground level. I need to replace the original wiring that the previous owner totally hashed up. He used direct burial. As I a m putting a deck over whether the run needs...
2
2