first 3D-printed neighborhood

The world’s first 3D-printed neighborhood now has its first houses

This sounds like a story from the Harvard Lampoon, but the top of the page has a simple black banner, so they're probably serious.

Reply to
micky

I hope these aren't homes for democrats because if you give a democrat free public housing, they tear it up within 3 years.

Reply to
don

Link to information about the printer:

Dean Hoffman

Funny. Every Democrat I know makes at least $100,000 a year at a STEM job.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Interesting idea. I wish they gave some cost of building numbers. While a simple design, they have to be like a palace compared to how they are living now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You have a tough life. It is not easy going through life finding the negative in everything but you manage to do enough for all of us.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you.  You won't find my factual perspective on the Chucklehead News Network.

Reply to
don

Guys like you are funny. Why not just wear a sign around your neck saying "I'm stupid."

Reply to
micky

Me thinks Micky is collecting your pay.

Reply to
Thomas

Why don't you build a nice house and then let some homeless people move in.  Report back in 3 years or so.

Reply to
don

I can't remember the title but there was a book devoted to low cost housing methods using indigenous materials. I doubt a high tech solution is going to do any better unless they can find a NGO teat to suck on.

Reply to
rbowman

The process sure cuts down on labour costs and reduces the probability of construction quality problems. As long as decent concrete is available they can produce very solid housing at low cost, and relatively quickly. A lot solider than cinder block too.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They'd have to use a republican's head as a hammer to destroy it

Reply to
Clare Snyder

We have rented a house and had refugees move in. Took better care of the house than the previous OWNERS for sure - The landlord was VERY happy - and he gave us a break on the rent too - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Non sequitur, just like your previous post.

Reply to
micky

He's afraid someone will get a good deal. The house in the article was for poor hardworking people. I guess they don't deserve help.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Not from republicans, that's a given.

Reply to