Subject Author Posted Replies

oil spill on concrete, how to remove?
Had a recent motor oil quart slowly leek onto a ribbed concrete surface. Not all of it leaked, but it left a slick about 2 feet in diameter. I have tried to clean it up with materials I had on hand,...
5
5

Allow for expansion?
Hello all, Hello all, Do you allow for the expansion of wood and steel in your projects? Here is why I am asking: In preparation to convert a closet to a small bathroom, I and my carpenter buddy are...
19
19

what effects pedal do you use
?
1
1

Bent self-cleaning over door latch arm
hey folks, being the dummy that I am, I tried to force the over door latch open before it was time and bent the thing. Now, the oven door won't open without physically flicking the latch with a butter...
3
3

glue to attach flashing to aluminum roof
Just purchased a house with a metal roof. When it was built 3 years ago, they missed adding gutter or flashing to redirect the water coming off the roof where the roof meets at strange angle. Very...
4
4

Wall-mounted toilets
I am interested in a wall-mounted toilet in a new second bathroom. They come with a reservoir inside the wall. They are expensive but save space. My friend says that they also make it very easy to...
13
13

How does "salvage title" work anyway?
For others to benefit from every action taken on Usenet, I just realized adding one more check at the BAR web site nets only "active" licensees... 1. Call BAR 1-800-952-5210 who says to go to <>2....
7
7

My RESTORED Red Clay Tile Roof
World Roofing interlaced the good original Red Clay Tiles with the new Red Clay Tiles to create a pattern effect, and I love the new copper guttering! :-) John Kuthe...
2
2

My nemesis, that leaf blower again...
So, my leaf blower that has been a source of much trouble in the past just started in again. Last two times it was that the piston ring had carbonized and stuck. This time, IDK haven't started on it...
8
8

Electrical Q?
Interested what gfretwell would think -- New entry way added to existing house; there's receptacle in closet where now I've decided would like to have some shelves. Could leave open under the bottom...
2
2

OT. Football Announcers
<> The authors suggest turning the tv volume off and finding a radio station version of the game. Howard Cosell is long gone. Booth crews just don't understand sports analytics. They should. Also: A...
4
4

Anchor Fence Post in Concrete (or not)
A recent storm (Zeta) broke three 4x4 fence supports because they were rotten at ground level and had no strength. I have no idea if the posts were pressure-treated or not. A guy who we might hire to...
22
22

OT. Amazon Prime???
I was going to order something from Amazon this morning but got disgusted with it because of it pushing Amazon Prime. Corporations don't have hearts. So, what's the catch besides the monthly fee?
32
32

learning remote can ONLY learn from IR original remote which is working well,
Regarding remote controls that can learn, many say "can ONLY learn from IR original remote which is working well, please make sure that your original remote is an IR remote control and it is working...
9
9

Clothing and politics
At the Democratic National Convention and one or two other times when I saw her, Kamala Harris wore pants. Do you think the Democratic ticket would have gotten more votes if she had worn a dress or...
72
72