Subject Author Posted Replies

Screws for Squeaking Floor under carpet
Have seen TV shows where they cut down squeaking floors under carpet by using special screws through the carpet and then break the heads off. Local Home Depot, Lowes & Ace do not carry these. Anyone...
11
11

help with siding repair plan
My house has plywood siding. It's that reverse board and batten look stuff in 4x8 sheets. One of the problems it has is that on an addition it was run all the way down to the ground. Unsurprisingly,...
16
16

Best leaf protection gutter guards ?
Is there something new over the years thats better then all the other leaf guard systems out there ? Im most interested in the ones where the water swerves around and into the gutter...while not...
17
17

American Standard Faucet Problem
I have a single-lever American Standard kitchen faucet, now about four years old. Suddenly it has started squeaking when I swing the faucet from side to side. Like an O-ring is squeaking or some such....
6
6

CFLs....again
I was reading a newspaper article comparing prices at TARGET and WalMart stores. They cited GE brand CFL's. Though packaged identically, the TARGET bulbs are waranteed for 10,000 hours, while the...
14
14

residential septic system question
I've got a standard resisdential septic system. It was installed 6 1/2 years ago, I live outisde of Colorado Springs. The diagram I have for the system shows one holding tank, with a line going out to...
20
20

holding power of metal vs wood studs
I'm mounting some shelving (channel and bracket) into a wall with metal studs, which I've never done before. what is the difference in holding power of metal vs wood studs? are different screws...
11
11

how do I install fence posts?
I need to put up a fence for our puppy. I plan on 4x4 PT posts, 4 feet above ground, 2 feet below. I'm getting conflicting advice on concrete vs gravel vs just tamp the dirt really tight. One expert...
21
21

Microwave / Range Hood - light underneath Popped
Hey all: We have a Whirlpool under counter, over stove microwave (vented outside). I replaced the underneath light bulb about a month back and it quit again today. My wife was replacing it and it...
2
2

How to capture a critter in the attic?
We have either a mouse or a roof-rat running around inside the attic. You can hear him (or her) mainly early in the morning. I set a trap with peanut butter on a piece of bread as the bait. So far no...
15
15

How to Remove Ceiling Tile
I have basement ceiling tiles that are about 12 inches square, without any visible border between them. Due to a potential leak above one, I need to remove a tile. How can I do this safely? I can't...
24
24

How to open stackable Frigidaire washer top
Hi, I have a stackable Frigidaire washer and dryer. How do I open the top of the washer, so I can look inside? Thanks, Karen
1
1

no glue vinyl
Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no...
13
13

Spring cleaning list
Most years, the church has a spring cleaning. We pull out the chairs, vacuum the carpets, and so on. Wash the windows, wipe the walls, rake the grass, scrub the baptismal font. This year, I'm...
7
7

Wagner Airless
would someone suggest a good airless model, primarily for exterior small jobs around house, including walls and roof (acrylic base) read this opinion about the Wagner unit that Costco sells (and it's...
4
4