Lowboy furnace vs Highboy

I'm about to replace my 30?yr old oil/air furnace. I have plenty of room in the basement, but I just saw a brand new lowboy on Craigslist that could save me $500.

Why *don't* I want to do this?

[the Craigslist furnace is an Aire Ease LBR80C112 ]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

AirEase is considered a very cheap Brand . But if its new, then it would come with a transferrable manufacturerers warranty to you. Also, if the AirEase is an 80% efficient Furnace, you have to make sure that your chimney has a liner inside of it otherwise you will get condensation of the flue gasses and since its acidic, it will eat the morter of the bricks inside the chimney plus youll have streams of condensate coming onto your basement floor (more than likely) . A Liner can be added to your chimney if you dont have one , but its a few hundred dollar job . Those are the only drawbacks i see. Saving $500 will get you quite a few months of free heat, otherwise. Good luck.

Reply to
ilbebauck