Subject Author Posted Replies

A/C lines freeze up b/c no air is circulating
Hello, I'm hoping this is the correct group to use for my problem. I couldn't find a more suitable one from the list of available groups. My problem is that my A/C is basically broken right...
27
27

Shark Bite underground
I was looking for some info on how well shark bite fiitings work when buried. Ive use them to make repairs and modifications above ground and they work great as far as I can tell. Jimmie
2
2

Mower Deck Spindles
Hi all, I have a Poulan riding mower with a 42" deck. I have used it for 6 or 7 seasons. One of the idler pulleys on the deck shelled out, and that got me to wondering about the bearings and spindles...
2
2

Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine
Have a B&S on a 70's era Snapper 21" pusher with an aluminum deck. I believe the engine is probably 10 years newer than the rest of the mower. Maybe 10 years ago I took it to a repair shop who...
42
42

Whirlpool Duet Washer - Leaking from below
I have a three (?) year old Whirlpool Duet Washer that today started leaking water from the bottom. It is not leaking from a hose or the drain. It appears to be leaking from inside and draining out...
1
1

Bulldog Pushmatic Circuit Breakers -Still available?
My next door neighbor has a 50 Amp Bulldog Pushmatic circuit breaker that has finally died. It looks like moisture may have been part of the process, but there is no dampness in the breaker box at the...
16
16

HF Cordless Multi-function tool
New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks. Can be used for slashing tires in parking lot, carving Halloween pumpkins, removing deer antlers in the field, cutting loose the **!@* fishing line...
11
11

Which one
It`s time to re do my outside wooden decks. I plan to use Thompsons water seal but don`t know which one is best. The water base one is cheaper and is easy to clean up----The oil base one costs more...
12
12

Repairs done for upgrading or for the health of the home
I advocate to all that if you are doing upgrades to your home this year use small businesses. It is the small businesses that helped pull the US out of the recession way back when, and it will be the...
4
4

Refrigerator problem: Insufficient cooling
question: failing compressor or plugged drier? Kenmore model 106.77292 top freezer, almost 12 years old, R134a system, diagnostics so far: 1. lowest refrigerator temp about 50 degrees F 2. lowest...
9
9

Kohler engine
------------------------------------- I have a 20HP Craftsman with a Kohler vertical shaft engine. The engine is blown and I am trying to remove it. There is a heh bolt going through a pulley assembly...
3
3

Business names
I am doing some writing and need some help. Possibly some of our American readers can provide me with some information. I need the names of a few retail businesses that have unusual names that appear...
50
50

Update on my Fridge Problem
Hi all, my original post is below; "I have a problem with my fridge, it is a side by side. The top half of both sides are not cold, all the food in the top half of the freezer side is thawed and only...
7
7

Refrigerator Problem
Hi all, my original post is below; "I have a problem with my fridge, it is a side by side. The top half of both sides are not cold, all the food in the top half of the freezer side is thawed and only...
2
2

Best material for practice net frame?
I am working on a design for a backyard golf shot practice net. I have the basic design worked out. Now I need to choose the material. I was planning on using PVC pipes and connectors. I called a PVC...
20
20