Extension Cord Repair Problem

I was repairing an extension cord tonight and I think I made a mistake.

I had to replace both ends because the cord was cut near the plug and the receptacle was cracked. Unfortunately, I neglected to mark which end was which before I cut off the ends.

I took a guess and put the plug on the left end and the receptacle on the right.

When I tested it, it seemed to take a long time for the electricity to travel the length of the cord, so I'm assuming I put the plug and socket on the wrong ends.

Will the electrons in the wire eventually turn around so the electricity flows faster or should I reverse the ends before using it?

Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Geez, just go to Big Lots and get them off the shelf. DIY has its limits.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

You have to match the color of the electrons to the color of the wire. If you force white electrons into the black wire they have to migrate across to the white wire and vice versa. Whatever you do, never try to force black electrons into the green wire, they'll become horribly ill and there will be a violent reaction. The friction caused by forcing black and white electrons together is bad enough but forcing the black electrons into the green wire will lead to an explosive situation.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

PLONK...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

You must be using this on DC current...it's used to going in the opposite direction! bob_v

Reply to
Bob Villa

Uhh Erik Maybe you should lighten up just a little. Or buy some brains. The piece was obvious humor and has already generated some fun responses.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Excellent response to a very perplexing problem:-))

Lou

Reply to
LouB

The problem is that you were holding the tester higher than the electrical socket. It takes so, so much longer for the cord to fill with electricity, if it has to flow up hill. Try plugging in the plug end, and then lay on the floor and test the socket end lower than the plug end.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Plug the cord in a south facing receptacle, obviously you are using a north facing receptacle.

Reply to
Oren

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:h3gv9m$58v$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Are you above the equator or below it. Makes a difference you know. What you need is a box of Tracer electrons. Based on the concept of tracer bullets. Not available at the Borg. Good electrical supply house is where you need to go. They should come with a pair of those special plastic colored glasses.

Reply to
Red Green

re: plastic colored glasses

What color is plastic?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Inquiring minds(?) want to know.

Reply to
LouB

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

42
Reply to
Red Green

No, silly. That's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

Reply to
Harry L

Harry L wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Six what by nine what? Giraffes and hectoliters? Think that results in fortnights per light year. Just an approximation though.

Reply to
Red Green

A whole bunch of fours running around the house in diapers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Your answer was better.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Excel's Interior.ColorIndex value of 42 is a nasty looking blueish- green.

Run this macro:

Sub UglyColor() [A1].Interior.ColorIndex =3D 42 End Sub

Reply to
DerbyDad03