Subject Author Posted Replies

Propane rip-off: big sellers of exchange tanks are not filling them all the way
Saw this on another newsgroup. Seems as though the big sellers of exchange tanks are not filling them all the way now. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_on_bi_ge/us_skimping_on_propane_2
163
163

Granite Countertop /\/\/\/ crack /\/\/\/\/\/ ???
We just had granite countertops installed a few months ago and really like the look, feel and personality of real stone countertops. The other day I was rinsing a few things in the sink and on the...
23
23

Building a multi-level parking structure at Trailer Park
When I bought this 8 acre piece of Gods paradise in the 60's I never knew it would turn out to be a trailer park. The land is in Georgia and down here few people gots houses. Trailers are best to...

Another Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/22-5/25
or - http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf
7
7

Demolition debris inside sewer line
I have been doing some major renovations on this property and few days ago I hired a video inspection company to inspect all my sewer lines to make sure they are all ok. I have reconfigured my drains...
16
16

Money down the drain - ordered whole house water regulator.
Incorporated by a surrounding town sewer and water came through and we hooked up last fall. Just not used to the high water pressure and thus high water bills. Thought I'd invest in a regulator....
37
37

What is the point of outdoor latex stain?
What is the point of outdoor latex stain? Compared to paint. Most of the time I'm repainting wood that is already brown, but today again I have a little fresh wood to paint, and the latex acryllic...
6
6

When are the metal legs under deck posts needed?
When are the metal legs under deck posts needed? My old deck had the 1/2 inch high set of metal legs under two of its three 4x4 wooden support posts. But all of the posts stood on cinder blocks. Were...
8
8

Follow-up on missing chain-saw chain!
Follow-up on missing chain-saw chain! Too tired to post yesterday, but nothing new to report anyhow. Today, I was going to get on my hands and knees again, but I found the chain as soon as I walked up...

shed dimension
Here is a silly question. I am planning on building a 12'x16' shed with 1/2" OSB sheathing. When I build the frame, should the actual dimensions be 12'x16' or should it be 1 inch less...
8
8

Making or buying a raised platform
We have several bushes that need to have their tops trimmed. They are too tall for me to trim with a regular hedge trimmer. Today I tried using a pole trimmer. I could not reach the center of the bush...
18
18

Iron with brown gunk
I have an 18-yo variable temperature, steaming iron by Black and Decker. It's been a workhorse! Unfortunately for me, one of my daughter-units have taken to ironing almost every stitch of clothing...
8
8

Kindred SS sink install...
has anyone else had problems with the plastic clips that hold down these sinks? This is a slot rather than channel hold-down. The only type like these are made by Franke. It's a good sink...but...
1
1

Redo bath vanity tops
I want to replace the bathroom vanity tops in 2 bathrooms in a newer const. (2006). But I'm hesitant to do it myself as I want to preserve the vanity and I want the house to continue to look new....
4
4

Buying advice for Washer and Dryer (for clothes).
I'm looking to buy a new Washer and Dryer. Any brands that you would recommend? Any brands that I should stay away from? I want a traditional style Top Loading Washer with the agitator. I was set...
16
16