Subject Author Posted Replies

Vertex water heater source?
Thinking of replacing my old tank with a vertex, which now qualifies for FED tax credit on cost of unit 30% Wierdly a local installer quoted me on the phone $2,200 installed but on line pricing for...
10
10

How to build a raised garden
I live in Michigan and want to construct a raised garden in only location in yard where I get enough sun. this will be about 500 sq ft area. Need to raise because of poor drainage. I picked up some...
12
12

Bamboo flooring glue down to concrete slab
I am getting ready to install 5/8" bamboo flooring down to a concrete slab and have hit a stumbling block. I removed my wonderfully cheap linoleum and found a crack in the slab that appears to allow...
3
3

dryer vent to gas meter spaceing
I need to relocate my daughter's electric clothes drier from the front to the back of the basement to install a washroom where the laundry in now. The current dryer vent will become the bathroom...
5
5

I hate plumbing
If something goes wrong with electrical, the breaker snaps off and I find the problem and fix it. If something goes wrong with plumbing there is liquid everywhere, causing more problems before you can...
4
4

Repair of old aluminum windows
I have a home that I am trying to get ready to sell. It has single pane aluminum windows. I have not spent much time with them yet, but there seems to be some plastic parts that are broken, part of...
3
3

HELP: Protection for exposed exterior wood
I live in northern California, in the Central Valley. I have a long exterior wall with a southern exposure that gets INTENSE summer sun and the brunt of winter rain and fog. My exterior siding is...
1
1

Video inspection of sewer lines
I have a sewer line that has been clogging up several times over the past 6 weeks or so, and I would like to be able to figure out exactly what's going on. I know one option is to pay someone to...
37
37

How do they do this
There's some pretty smart people in this newsgroup. Maybe someone can clear up this puzzler; CSX ( railroad ) has been running TV ads that claim; "We can move one ton of freight 486 miles on ONE...
14
14

vinyl cove base
i need some vinyl cove base for a small section of my garage. the color is not important, but what is there is torn up and moldy and has become dangerous b/c it's on a step. I need it to be 8...

Testing solenoid/starting circuit???
OK, I'm stumped... JD 112H lawn tractor (nearly ancient) Symptom is no voltage in ignition system when turn key to "on/start". Have had issue on occasion w/ safety interlock on tranny, but that...
6
6

OT - audio cable
I saw a couple interesting links at One is for an audio cable other had the most interesting reviews I have seen: http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp...
20
20

epoxy bonding or weld?
Have browsed the group's posts looking for a solution to a railing problem, but need some clarification and advise. An iron stair rail on the back porch of a house we own has come loose. There...
6
6

OT - Heavy Equipment Oops!
Today: mouse vs leopard, crow vs vulture, and crane vs bridge. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
5
5

Stipple a Ceiling
I'd appreciate if anyone can show me a link on how to stipple a ceiling. A video would be great. I have new unpainted green wallboard on the ceiling. Should primer be applied before stippling? Do...
8
8