Subject Author Posted Replies

water softner regeneration times
How often does a salt based water softener have to regenerate...and for how long ? We have a rental home that has 2 adults. Based on the size of the salt tank...I'd say it's a medium to large...
5
5

Just some pool repair hints I picked up.
Got a leaking pool float, toy, etc.? Too cheap to buy a new one while the old one is still good enough for another season or two? I found the best thing to use for finding the smallest hole is the...
1
1

Reverse mortgage etc? ? ?
This isn't really a "home repair" question, but some readers of the newsgroup might help, based on experience. I have a sister, single and living alone, who needs to begin drawing down the equity...
21
21

Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system. Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?
9
9

Circuit went out - how much to fix?
I posted this already (I thought) but can't find. Here goes again. One electrical circuit has gone out, comprising four outlets. Typical So. Calif stucco house. I checked the breaker covering that...
16
16

is my air comp regulator ok?
I have a split tank (campbell-hausfeld) air compressor someone just gave me. It has outlet with regulator. As long as I don't have the regulator turned all the way up, I seem to have air bleeding...
3
3

Phone cable repair
My excellent track hoe operator cut my phone cable. He called a buddy who works for the phone company, and he says the phone company charges $300 to come fix it. It is a copper shielded 4 line wire....
26
26

Gloat! - Open Box Shed Kit
I didn't need anything as big or as costly as the shed kits at the borgs so I drew up some plans for an 8 x 6 x 6 lean-to style shed to store a few items in my backyard I hooked up the trailer,...
11
11

Pulsing lawn mower
Howdy! I just received a three year old B&S 3.5 horsepower mower from a friend. Currently, it starts easy but starts pulsing once it's been running for a few minutes. I've been told that the...
24
24

killing a tree
Lets just say I have a tree growing where I do not want it to grow. And it is such a location that I cannot get to it to dig it up. I have cut the tree down to shoulder height, and it can stay there...
19
19

Availability and Price of Husquarvana Model 51 Chain Saw?
Is Subject saw still available new, and what's a typical price? I see there are plenty of parts for it via Google, but don't see the chainsaw listed.
2
2

Large Picture Window Popping Sound
In that case all your windows would be bad. Time ,heat and cool down made the seal fail. Unless siders used spikes and sledge hammers on your condo. Jerry...
2
2

Cable Splitter questions for my internet and tv
The lower the DB number the beter the splitter. That is a number that relates to loss. It is a log type scale. One db is about 25% loss. Three DB is about 50% loss. Ten DB is 90% loss. The best...
31
31

Grab bar in our shower stall
Consider going through the studs from the other side if the wall structure permits it. Drywall is easily removed, replaced, patched, painted, whatever, to make other side access possible. It is even...
15
15

Aquarium toilet
This domain may be for sale!