Cultured marble counters with integral sink

The sinks in my four cultured marble counter tops are really showing their age after sixteen years. Having recently retired, I have a lot more time on my hands than money, so I'm wondering if it is possible to cut those integral sinks out of the counter tops and replace them with drop in basins? Has anyone tried this?

Reply to
js8753

I haven't tried it, but it seems feasible so long as there is enough material left to keep it rigid. Cultured marble is pretty soft, under the glaze, so it shouldn't be much of a task to cut it, a hand held jig saw should do it.

Reply to
Eric in North TX