Subject Author Posted Replies

RJ45 & RJ11 module plugs
Sure wire up all 8 (I usually use the B wiring). To not confuse people you could get those little plastic inserts that convert an RJ45 to RJ11, but the RJ45's work just fine and its nice having...
6
6

Dishwasher Buttons Peeling Off
Hi, I had a whirlpool dishwasher and it seemed like after a few years, the "start" button on the front control panel started to crack around the circle indentation, then finally came off. I got rid of...
3
3

Electrical current strength normal?
After disconnecting and reconnecting the wires in an electrical circuit, my low-tech current tester seems to indicate (with low lamp brightness) that the current in the reconnected wire circuit...
9
9

Excell Power washer has no pressure
My excell 2500 power washer just stopped working while I'd been using it for an hour. The engine continued to run, but there was absolutely no pressure coming out. I could put my finger over the...
6
6

Phone company? I've got Rambo interference
I've heard of cats stranded on light poles, but Jeeze! "A RAM dangles helplessly after zip-lining down a telephone wire - by a horn. " With pics of sheep dangling from overhead wire.

Baking soda as a paint remover
I'm finally tackling the french doors in my diningroom. The house was built in the early 1800s, so the doors are real, solid wood, but before we bought the house some moron not only painted them,...
10
10

Delta faucet problem
We have two bathroom sinks with identical Delta single-handle faucets. but one needs only 1/16" movement for the water to flow while the other needs at least 1/2". IOW, a lot more care needs to be...
6
6

Plastic or Aluminum Sliding Doors
I have several 12' sliding patio doors, using 4' panels. Inside trim is standard but on the outside, the flanges are imbedded in the stucco surrounding the doors. The doors are single pane...
5
5

Awning cost? ? ?
We have a canvas awning on our porch which probably will need replacing in a year or two. It's about 7 feet deep, 14 feet supported by a frame of pipes. My question: What is it likely to cost?...
9
9

Non incandescent bulbs?
Picked up the following quote on a technical news group where a particular thread was expressing concern about the severe deterioration of 'ordinary' AM (Amplitude Modulated) radio broadcasts....
23
23

New Coupon Group
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.

Painting Bedroom Closets
Modest ranch home built in the mid 1950's, so we're talking about small unlighted closets. I can't decide whether to paint the closet walls the same color as the room, or should I paint...
14
14

Unclogging drain in walkout basement
Hi, We recently purchased a house with a walkout basement. After some heavy rain, we discovered that the drain in the walkout does not drain properly. Water pooled during the rain (fortunately, not...
18
18

face shield
Hi, Does anybody have experience with a protective face shield that works well for people wearing glasses? My local stores do not seem to carry face shields although I have not checked them all. It...
13
13

Quest Polybutylene pipe leaks
I was introduced to this infamous pipe 3 years ago when a supply line broke on my water heater. I learned the whole story about this pipe and subsequent law suits, all of which I have apparently...
2
2