New (FADED?) Floor Tile Grout???????? :O/

We just put down really nice tile in our kitchen that perfectly matched the new cabinets. So we picked a grout color from the patch on the front of the bag and just grouted the tile. When it dried, rather then the grout being the nice deep brownish tan it was very light and almost gray in color. We thought maybe there was a haze on the grout so the next day we wiped it all down with water and a sponge.... looked GREAT when it was wet, but as soon as it dried it was back to the light, light color. We tried a reglar spray sealer in a small area that will be hidden under the stove and once again, looked great when wet, but as soon as it dried it was back to the faded color again :O/

Is there any grout sealer that not only seals the grout but can bring out the true grout color so we can get the grout to be the color it is supposed to be, rather then the faded looking stuff that we currently have???

Reply to
infiniteMPG

My experience is that grout ends up too light if you use too much water during the final part of the installation clean up process. When I had this problem, I ended up buyin grout colorant to restore the desired color. It is can be ordered at tile shops, or at Lowe's if you have the right color.Not the best way to get the right color, and I'm not sure how well it will hold up, but it is fine after a couple years in a bathroom.

Reply to
Bob F