Tile grout too light

I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the grout dust but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to apply a sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested a small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct color until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how to fix the situation?

Thanks, crabshell

Reply to
crabshell

Something to consider is that the grout is going to get darker over time. No amount of sealer is going to prevent it from getting dirty and darker. Depending on how far off it is, you might want to live with and wait until it darkens on its own.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but it would have taken a lot less typing to do a Google search on the words "grout stain" or "grout color" than to post your question.

Sorry, I've got a bad case of the Mondays.

Good Luck! (I mean that.)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Does it get darker even when sealed?

Reply to
crabshell

Too much water was used during installation cleanup.

The solution - grout colorant.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

"Bob F" wrote in news:JemdnXJqTqKPYhXbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

And imagine -- I hired a "professional". That's another reason why DIY lives on.

Reply to
crabshell