Subject Author Posted Replies

NY Prius crash
I'm sure some will never believe this, but . . . . . . N.Y. (AP) - A housekeeper who reported that her boss' Toyota Prius accelerated on its own and wouldn't brake as she hurtled toward a stone wall...
9
9

Sanding Parquet floors?
Awl -- First, some examples: nice not uncommon in WWII Manhattan apts, brownstones. wild -- eat your heart out. Man, I'd be afraid to walk on this.. Here's the Q: If sanding is supposed to be with the...
8
8

Where to buy furnace Blower motor
Hi, I am in need of 3/4 Hp blower motor for Carrier WAV58 gas furnace. Where is good place to get one? TIA,
9
9

[off topic] Glow in the dark alarm clock
Where can I get a battery alarm clock which has hands that can be read in the dark?
49
49

Electric water heater
I will be away from home for about 6 months. Can I turn off the electric water heater during this period? I seem to remember reading that this may cause alga/bacteria problems. Thanks.
30
30

Making a wood privacy fence private
I have a pool in the back yard, and need to replace some fencing. The standard wood privacy fence isn't really private because as the pickets dry out, they shrink, and gaps develop between them, and...
24
24

Running AC and cable tv (coax) in exterior walls
I want to mount an LCD TV above an 8 foot wide door in my bedroom. I have to run the wires in the finished exterior insulated wall and had a few questions. 1) From what I read it is okay to notch load...
26
26

comic flooring for the group
With all the recent threads on here about snap-together floors, I thought the group might enjoy this: http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2010/3/22&name=F_Minus...
2
2

Carpet wrinkles
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood...
8
8

Good home radon detector kit?
Anybody have any facts or opinions on a good home radon detector kit? It would be used just once, to see if a prblem exists. Thanks
2
2

Dissatisfied Customer
Beware this is a TOTAL RIP OFF !! This company charges you for wrong numbers, products and services you do not handle at your place of buisness, non answered phone calls, personal calls to employee's,...
5
5

DIY quiz
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/4349527.html http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/4349527.html

Should I clean car battery terminals? and if so how?
Perhaps not technically home repair but my car is like an extension of my home... Anyway, I noticed that there is a lot of "crud" (grainy white/green stuff - looks like dried toothpaste) on the...
56
56

Sneaky car dealers
I saw this on an auto newsgroup and fund it interesting. And dangerous too! dealership used a system called Webtech Plus as an alternative to repossessing vehicles that haven't been paid for. Operated...
20
20

Disconnect electric toothbrush
I was away for a month. Came back to find my Sonicare dead; unable to be revived. My housemate said he unplugged it because the Web site said to do so if not in use "for an extended period", and he...
29
29