OT Want to buy a 40 inch LCD 1080p TV? The price is a secret

Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

Metspitzer

They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands. Why Don't We Show the Price? Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products may be communicated.

Seems like a silly PITA to me though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I often hear that on radio or TV commercials. They say it's so low that they can't say the price, you have to go to the store to get the price (or maybe by phone). Silly PITA indeed.

Reply to
Tony

$744.98 Not Bad

Reply to
G. Morgan

Depending on what you are looking for. Better prices for a 50" Plasma.

And please don't start the 720 vs 1080 argument again. Not saying that you have, but it's been discussed here already.

I'll go ahead and get a headstart in case it comes up again.

Ron

Yes but internet shopping can be interesting. There is an ad on in Firefox that pops up comparison prices at other sites when you are shopping and have zeroed in on an item.

Reply to
Frank

That sounds interesting, just so it can be disabled easily.

Reply to
Tony