Can't lock window

I have a single hung window that will not lock. When i try to lock it the sliding lock just misses the grove in the window where it locks. If i tilt out the lower sash like to clean the window & tilt it back up & close it, then it will lock. How can i fix this problem ?

Reply to
desgnr

Call a window repair person.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Probably no fix. I have a couple of windows that I sometime have to push up on the upper sash while locking.

Reply to
Frank

Put a stick between the lower and upper sash.

Reply to
LSMFT