Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn Question Re Moss Killer With: "Potassium Soaps Of Fatty Acid"
Hello, Lawn is in reasonable shape, but areas of Moss. Live in New England. Bought a container of a liquid Moss killer (goes on hose end)that has as it's (only) active ingredient something called:...
8
8

Lawn care goes hi-tech
Called a business that had an insert in our local paper to get a quote for getting our lawn rolled. Gave them all the usual information, plus e-mail address, then asked when somebody was likely to...
107
107

Where is my problem with this flourescent lamp?
I've got a "no-name" clamp-on fluorescent lamp that no longer starts when the rocker switch is snapped from the off to the on position. The lamp has a polarized plug with an in-line black "brick" 7...
59
59

Fluorescent fixture won't turn off completely!
A friend tells me that, The two fluorescent bulbs in the furnace room were were doing what they do in old age. After the electrician had installed AC-connected smoke detectors, I saw that the light...
16
16

Termite treatment
I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what...
6
6

Which cordless drill should i buy ?
My choices are. Skill $89.00 Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY $90.00 Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00
4
4

Installing sump pump without french drain
My neighbors and I recently got water in the basements from the heavy rains in March. Afterwords a few had gotten estimates for interior French drains. One of my neighbors decided to dig his own pit...
2
2

wish me luck
With luck, our offer on a short sale here in town will result in me getting a good sized garage to double as a shop. I have no intention or desire to restore my former shop in NC, but would definitely...

Home Warranty Companies
We made an offer on a home and I'm interested in "good and bad" reactions to home warranty companies.
22
22

Wasp powder
The church has some wasps that burrow in, and are not at all affected by wasp sprays. The maint guys have been using some kind of powder. Which could be used on homes, possibly during repair. Anyone...
25
25

Will B&S engine bolt to a Tecumseh mower?
I have a 22" high-wheel rear-bagger push mower that won't start. It hasn't run right for a couple of years, and I've had to take off the kill switch and the flywheel brake because the switch was...
10
10

Have older Thermador double oven model #msc228...Working excellent, knobs are fading, help
Hi, I have an older Thermador Double Oven.. It works excellent.. However, the knobs are fading, and you can hardly read the numbers (350 etc..Broil, Clean etc....) I have already tried repair clininc,...
3
3

Cold climate shed posts?
All previous outside structures have built, three sheds one cabin, large wooden deck etc. we have dug down and used posts (stubs of telephone poles and similar. Now wondering if possible to build a...
11
11

Do you need a GFCI outlet?
I needed quite few GFCI outlets, simplex outlets, and 20A outlets for my house. If you've ever bought these you know they are not cheap, at least not $0.59 like the regular stuff. GFCI outlets are...
28
28

Lowes Web Site
Has anyone noticed how painfully slow the Lowe's web site is? It has been like molasses since they redid it. The slowness has caused me to go to the Home Depot site instead. The problem is not my...
26
26