OT: Woot & ambiance

OK- I live in the dark ages, apparently. Jo Ann mentioned WOOT & I don't recall ever hearing about it.

So I go and look around a bit-- and find an answer for someone who wanted a fireplace just for ambiance - and wanted to mount his HDTV over it.

Here is the answer to his problem-

Jim [WOOT has a very weird sense of being]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

=3D=3D Forget the fireplace...total waste of time, money and space. Ambiance, silly word...means keeping up with current trends (with the Jones) more or less. Putting a TV above a fireplace whether real or fake is a good way to kill your neck unless you are going to watch it from the reclining position for ever and ever, amen. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

That is the trendy thing to do but it has two problems. One is to keep your eyes naturally wet when doing sustained viewing you need to look below an imaginary horizontal line. Two is your chiropractor will become your best friend after you strain your neck.

Reply to
George