Subject Author Posted Replies

Can you say fire hazard?
Not only can you still buy breakers but you can get a 50A breaker for your FPE.
10
10

Way OT Baling wire?
I bought 2 bales of straw at Lowes for a seeding project. Surprise the bale was bound with baling wire and not string. I am 60 years old and never seen baling wire used and I worked on the farms a lot...
28
28

replacing main shutoff valve on incoming house water line
Will a Home Depot propane Bernzomatic produce enough heat to remove a 3/4 sleeve copper fitting (my main shutoff valve) ? Have verified the lines are copper and purchased a pressure collar type...
36
36

Teen electrocuted changing bulb at gas station
(04-19) 13:09 PDT DALY CITY -- A 19-year-old gas-station worker in Daly City was electrocuted as he was changing a fluorescent light, an autopsy found Monday. Mustafa Algazawy of San Francisco was...
32
32

LCD TV height
How high should i mount a 42 " LCD on the wall to view comfortabily from a sofa ?
13
13

Need Advice on Front Entry Door Purchase
Hello- We are getting ready to have our front entry door replaced with an entry door and two sidelites. We have determined that we cannot afford Therma-tru. We have also been looking at Benchmark by...
7
7

Is there a wide angle propane torch?
I just borrowed a propane torch to repair a busted pipe. This torch has a basic benzomatic brass head and produces a long and thin flame, which I didn't like. Is there a torch head that produces a...
13
13

Special blade for cutting vinyl tile ?
I am working on a vinyl tile job. Using Armstrong 12x12 tiles. Been using a fine sable saw blade, but I can't get consistent cuts. The material seems to melt instead of cut and it's somewhat fragile....
8
8

How to mount in ceramic tile?
I am finishing off the bathroom. I tiled all of the walls and the floor. I am now ready to mount my shower curtain. I got the 'bow' type that extends the curtain out over the edge of the tub, so it...
6
6

Magnetic Paint
Some of you may have heard of this, so it's for those that haven't. Turn your wall into a magnetic surface where you can hang metal objects without making holes. Give your refrigerator a rest and hang...
10
10

PLUMBING -- Did I just give myself a worse problem?
I saved myself maybe $80 by replacing the stem seal and spring on a Delta shower faucet. I'd have been really pleased with myself, but I lost three stem springs in the process. Not until the third one...
9
9

Help with security
Hello again, This group has answered my questions before and I am sure it will again. This one is for my father however. In 1997, he built a house about 15 mins from where he is currently living....
36
36

Replace cornerboards
The cornerboards on my house are made of 5/4 X 6 lumber. I have replaced 3 of them with redwood and have no problem with those but the rest keep rotting out on me. Redwood is no longer available. Are...
5
5

Breathing
I would like some advice on the best type of breathing? I've been considering changeing my breathing, but am reluctant to change from the breathing I'm currently using to a new untried breathing. But,...
9
9

Can anyone explain .........
webtv? I strive to grasp the concept, but am missing something. I know that we all have limited ISP's, bandwidths, dialups, and all the other things that are dictated mostly by where we live, and not...
19
19