Bluetooth fantasy

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology, and not "a" thing. I use a Blue Ant bluetooth speakerphone in my truck, and it sounds great, loud and clear at both ends.

Reply to
RBM

Jawbone bluetooth...Google it.

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles

I use an Xlink Bluetooth cellular gateway at home at all times. Since the cell phone is always in the location for optimal signal strength and is within inches of the Xlink, the voice on ALL linked "regular" phones is crystal clear.

As RBM said, Bluetooth is a SHORT range wireless technology.

Reply to
Erma1ina

Exactly, it simply involves buying quality instead of something in the $9.95 or less aisle. I have a Jawbone and a I can't remember BT speakerphone in the car and both sound great.

Reply to
George

I sometimes use a (quality LG) bluetooth earbud with my cell phone and the sound quality is perfect. My F350 has the Ford/M$ Sync setup and it's bluetooth phone control and speakerphone are also perfect quality.

Reply to
Pete C.

Never had a problem with bluetooth but it does seem that when I call someone using it they like to use the speakerphone. This can be a real pain on my non speakerphone end as they tend to pick up all kinds of backround noise.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

A good speakerphone will have good noise canceling abilities. I use my speakerphone a lot (two neighboring states have a handsfree requirement and it is more convenient anyway) and it takes a while before the person to whom you are speaking even realizes you are in motion.

Reply to
George

What brand and model do you use?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:TU5Xn.4337$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

ooooo gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boss uses a Bluetooth and it drives me crazy. I can't hear her half the time. Her VMs blank out or else sound watery.

I use my own cell for personal calls. Everyone can hear me and I them.

All I can say is my boss's phone/bluetooth is awful. I can hear her all the time telling people....what? or else repeating back to them. She has dropped calls all the time. So I know other people have the same probs hearing what she says. She has a fancy phone, but it's crap(verizon). My personal cell is a simple Nokia and it's prepaid, and better than hers.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

What color are the wires and what kind of conduit are you using?

Reply to
Ron

Of course it's not within joespare's power to make everyone he talks to buy a quality phone.

Reply to
mm

Nature will take its course and eliminate SOME of the cheapskates, as they dial 911 and the operator can't make out anything they say. They'll die.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What color are the wires and what kind of conduit are you using?

=====================

I don't use a Bluetooth device. This is about people I talk to who use them, most of whom are unintelligible.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

How about when you talk to them face to face? If they are still unintelligible, take the booze away. Some Bluetooth sets, as well as phones themselves, are really cheap crap and give distorted sounds. I've found that just hanging up on them works. After a couple of times they call back on a land line.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The whole concept is absurd anyway. What's dangerous about cell phone in cars is the conversation, more so than the fact that someone might be holding the cell phone in their hand. This has been proven multiple times using very simple experiments. Women are worse than men in this regard because they tend to get more wrapped up in conversations. Freeing their hands offers little or no improvement.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'd like to read the source of your information. Got a URL or 2?

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles

I've got the sources here somewhere, but first, tell me if there TYPES of sources you will never believe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Pretty much true, but at least you can move your head more freely and make turns better so I guess it is marginal improvement. The biggest problem, IMO, is convincing people that talking on the phone really is different that listening to the radio and the conversation does take brain power. A quick call "what's for dinner" may not be so bad in light traffic, but taking an order from a customer or giving tech support for a problem is far different. What is scary about Bluetooth is that it frees your hands to write down notes while driving and talking.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

At least 90% of drivers are either drunk, legally blind, clinically dead, or too stupid to operate a spoon much less a motor vehicle. Cell phones do a great job of making the situation worse.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom