Fantasy tool/DIY Christmas...

So go on then, ignore the reality, if you were choosing what DIY related pressies were dropped down the chimney, and someone else was picking up the bill, what would they be?

I will start us off, a nice double garage sized building stuffed with timber, decent hard woods, and other materials to make any project just a matter of nailing it together! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd like an audio spirit level. seems these are no longer being made. Another great device would be w a wal crumblability tester, so before you embark on a hole and half the walls plaster falls off, you can know and take some action. OK so you can tap the wall and hear if its hollow but that won't work for some creatively plastered walls. You need a little wall penetrating radar device.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Angle grinder.

Neon screwdriver.

Cobbler's last.

Sewing chamine.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

A VW Caddy.

Reply to
ARW

A new boiler, in and working would be nice.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

A house that doesn't need one is better.

Reply to
harry

Be OK if they could disguise those crappy looking panels.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Taking you all too literally...

"14oz Titanium TiBone Framer - Milled Face > Stiletto > Part No. TBM14RMC

This is the latest Titanium hammer from Stiletto and it is made from solid Titanium including the handle. The non skid, milled faced 14oz titanium head has the same nail driving force as a 24oz steel hammer, yet with 10 times less recoil shock. The significantly harder Titanium transfers much more force because it absorbs less of the impact than softer steel. This hammer has what is known as total dead blow, which protects your wrists and forearms by significantly damping vibration and results in virtually no shock transferred back to your arm. The solid Titanium handle transfers swing energy to the nail head better, and at the same time dampens shock waves to your hand and wrist making this exceptional for heavy roofing and first fix applications. Nail starts are much easier due to the magnetic nail holder and the new 180 side nail puller provides maximum leverage with a stronger prying power than steel. The 15ö curved, contoured solid titanium handle is stronger than wood or fibreglass and has an ergonomic moulded grip for improved control and greater comfort. It features a replaceable steel face so that it will last a last a lifetime. This is an exceptional hammer. Made in America. ©

Titanium hammers are nearly 50% lighter in weight than conventional hammers yet they deliver the same nail driving force with 10 times less recoil shock. This means a 15oz titanium hammer delivers the same force as a 28oz steel hammer. The significantly harder than steel, titanium transfers much more force because it absorbs much less of the impact allowing you to strike more effectively with considerably less effort. Made by Stiletto in the USA and exclusive to Rutlands these titanium hammers are revolutionising the North American nailing market as they significantly decrease the incidence of repetitive-motion stress related injuries."

- and out of stock, so someone might be lucky this morning. :-)

Is it too much to ask for some nails as well?

Reply to
polygonum

>> £259.95 - and out of stock, so someone might be lucky this morning. :-) >

Not to mention a large tub of BS!

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Are you saying neon screwdrivers are not available. I always had one of those in my pocket years ago.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A 415v 100T hydraulic press, for forcing out bearings that seem to have bonded to the surrounding metal (like at my old work), it just spat them out without even trying

Also one of those laser cutters as shown in the recent (excellent) James May program used for cutting balsa but one rated for metal and not fixed down, a 'freestyle' one...

Finally a set of ear defenders so powerful they are rated to cope with SWMBO!

Reply to
Mitch

Does this mean you can now break your thumb by hitting the nail incorrectly, rather than just bruising it? Should go down well in the states then, they will no doubt be making doctors very rich.

Actually the list here is not very out of the box, tool or other wise is it?

I'd like a robot that is small enough to crawl around plumbing and spot build ups of scale etc, and then remove the crud, or perhaps a robot roofer that can work in all weathers and does not need 2 hour tea breaks.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A bachelor pad?

Reply to
ARW

Russ Andrews branching out?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Id actually go for a vacuum forming machine..

And a fully equipped wood and metal working workshop. And a 3 tonne digger, and somewhere to park it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They still need boilers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

[28 lines snipped]

The best hammer I own cost me nothing. I found it lying in the road. Like one of my pairs of mole grips. I've seen a fair bit more, but it's always either been too late to stop, or it hasn't been worth risking my life to acquire it.

Reply to
Huge

A light sabre?

Reply to
GB

Mmm yes, I'd have me one of those, but with heating, a pit, engine hoist, benches and vices to faff about with cars and bikes.

For two years running I got a 'men and sheds' book. Admittedly this year it was a 'miserable old git' book, but still those around me don't seem to realise that a shed just doesn't cut it in the 21st century.

Happy hols :-)

Rob

Reply to
RJH

A *double* garage? C'mon, this is a fantasy. I'll take Jay Leno's car collection and the associated facilities, thanks.

Reply to
Huge