Bluetooth fantasy

notes? it frees you up to do texting, from what i can see.

Reply to
chaniarts

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:8LnXn.6586$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

LOL Men can't multitask. Although yakking on a cell while driving is stupid.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

I have a bluetooth module connected to my satellite radio receiver in my truck. It allows me to receive phone calls while listening through the trucks stereo speakers. It's the first time I've ever been satisfied with the sound quality (and quantity!) from my cell phone. I'm told I'm very listenable as well, as long as I'm not in an area of poor reception. But that's a fault of the cell phone carrier; not bluetooth.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

Years ago, I was stopped behind a car containing two women at a red light. The two women were having an animated conversation with their hands flying about and I thought they must be talking about a man. When the light changed, the car didn't move, I politely tooted my horn and got no response, another toot, no response so I laid down on the horn, still, no response. I honked my horn and flashed my lights and the driver looked in the mirror and waved then moved on. It was then that I realized that the animated conversation was in American Sign Language.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I thought a lot of people were crazy and talking to themselves when the Bluetooth headsets first came out, especially if their hair covers their ears and the earpiece. I think this is a dangerous precedent because it's now harder to spot crazy people with so many decoys walking about.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I just wish that cell phones had better quality mikes and speakers. There are a couple people that I have a real hard time understanding on the cell because the mikes are apparently really poor. (one of them is a new Droid, but I've always had a hard time understanding that person on the phone.) One coworker has a phone with a mic with low output; my work cell even on full volume isn't as loud as I'd like. The combination makes communicating difficult. There has to be a market for cell phones that actually have good quality sound... I mean, wired phones, CB radios, walkie-talkies, etc. all are usable, but cell phones...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Sometimes the problem is the user. I have a Motorola Razr V3, and people tell me it sounds fine. But a friend with the same phone apparently doesn't know how to hold the thing so the mic is near his mouth. Every now and then, he'll accidentally get it right for a moment.

Here's an article focused on the best sounding cell phones:

JoeSpareBedroom

Not much of a penalty for attempted manslaughter.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So a driver isn't "mentally distracted" by having a conversation with a passenger, especially since a a lot of the time the driver is looking at the passenger while talking?

Reply to
Ron

Yeah, because those are the only phones that sound good

Reply to
Ron

Not the same. This argument comes up frequently and if you stop and think about it for a minute you will see the difference.

You are driving along talking with a passenger about the stock market or the ball game. Traffic conditions change and require your attention and the conversation may stop for a time or at least slow down. Not so on a phone when the other person does not see your body clues.

Ever turn the radio to a news station and find that you missed the weather or the news story you were waiting for? If traffic demands your attention, you give it fully and miss the radio completely. Maybe it was a car changing lanes, or the start of rain that needed your attention and got it. But if it was your boss on the other end of the phone giving you important information, you may have missed that last swerve and been in trouble.

Our warehouse at work is easy to get to if you follow detailed instructions, easy to miss if you don't. We sometimes get lost drivers and they call using Bluetooth. Our people will talk them in easily while they are on the phone. In cases like that, the driver is probably safer than trying to read directions while driving.

Of curse, there are drivers distracted under all sorts of conditions, such as swatting the kids in the back seat or arguing with the wife.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I see you totally ignored the fact that a lot of times a driver will LOOK at the passenger while driving, taking their eyes off of the road.....especially if the driver is arguing with the passenger.

I don't know how many times a driver has been looking at me while talking and I had to call their attention to a red light or a car pulling out in front of them. And I have been guilty of the same while driving.

Reply to
Ron

So a driver isn't "mentally distracted" by having a conversation with a passenger, especially since a a lot of the time the driver is looking at the passenger while talking?

=============

You just confessed to looking at your passenger while talking to him/her. Your license should be revoked, and if you're caught driving a motor vehicle, you should be thrown in prison.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, because those are the only phones that sound good

============

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I see you totally ignored the fact that a lot of times a driver will LOOK at the passenger while driving, taking their eyes off of the road.....especially if the driver is arguing with the passenger.

I don't know how many times a driver has been looking at me while talking and I had to call their attention to a red light or a car pulling out in front of them. And I have been guilty of the same while driving.

=============

You just confessed to looking at your passenger while talking to him/her. Your license should be revoked, and if you're caught driving a motor vehicle, you should be thrown in prison.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, all of the Nokia's I owned for the past 13 yrs.

Reply to
Ron

Yeah, all of the Nokia's I owned for the past 13 yrs.

==========

So, you're 100% sure that nobody you've spoken to has thought "WTF is wrong with his phone."?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ron, why are you making a fool of yourself? You snipped my last line and then go on to say I missed something I did allude to

Snipped line follows: "Of course, there are drivers distracted under all sorts of conditions, such as swatting the kids in the back seat or arguing with the wife."

"all sorts of conditions" takes in arguing and taking eyes off the road.

Sure some drivers take their eyes off the road, but the brain functions are still localized, not like carrying on a deep conversation on the phone. We tend not to look away under difficult driving conditions, bt e may tke in some sights on the open road with no traffic. And some drivers will still be distracted under any condition for many reasons. Phones happen to be worse than many others.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ron seems to have been raised in a house where science was considered the work of Satan.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Q: Why argue the point when the research is quite decisive, and has been repeated enough to be beyond doubt?

A: Because it's a manhood issue.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom