Subject Author Posted Replies

OT? Building Collapse
I imagine most have seen the stories about it. <> Another article stated that the building had been settling for decades....
5
5

Whirlpool range rant
We have a two year old Whirlpool range that has been tripping circuit breakers. To make a long story short, it has been two months and range is still not working properly and we have spent over $500...
77
77

Another propane post:
Another propane post: I could see a white blob in the woods next to my house, and it ruined the view, so I went over to it, about 80 feet away, and it was a grill-size propane tank, partly embedded in...
9
9

Cast iron drain pipe
Hello, I bought an old 100+yo house and there is an addition that was built on the back of the house. Like everything else w this house, it was half-assed. The gutter was rerouted across the top of...
24
24

OT corporate renaming, trademarking, kfc
8. Lucky and GoldStar Co., Ltd became LG Electronics Korea?s LG started in 1947 as Lucky, a chemical company making cosmetics and plastics; it later started another brand called GoldStar, which sold...
3
3

palet sales on the internet
Does anyone know about the pallet sales companies that pop up on some web pages as adds ? They show a whole pallet or bin of stuff for almost nothing. The stuff seems to be returns and other...
7
7

advice on bathroom floor squeaks
Does anyone have any advice about a problem with bathroom floor sqeaks? They are around 50 odd years old and I wanted to put some new vinyl covering down. Have screwed the floorboards securely to the...

bathroom floorboards
I have been having a problem with squeaky floorboards prior to laying a vinyl floor. Have screwed the loose ones down securely As soon as I have fixed some 6mm plywood down on top of the boards the...

How do that do this? No gravity?
OT I'm used to seeing the shadow of the Google street view camera when it's atop a car, but they also now have street view of bicycle and walking paths. Okay, but how is it that they take a picture...
10
10

Need discontinued Armstrong ceiling tile 906
Looking for several Armstrong ceiling tile 906

French press coffee maker
Got me a new French Press but it doesn't have volume lines. Can't scratch them on with an etching tool because it gets hot. Worried glass might break along the lines if I etch them in. Put a marker...
29
29

Green slime
How do i stop green sludge and slime build up in my condensate pump??
1
1

Electrical short?
Hi everyone, For the last week when going to sit on the back porch in the afternoon the ceiling fan will not come on. I have checked the fuse box and all the plugs with trips and nothing is tripped....
5
5

OT Barn
OT barn (symbol: b) is a metric unit of area equal to 10-28 m2 (100 fm2). Originally used in nuclear physics for expressing the cross sectional area of nuclei and nuclear reactions, today it is also...
3
3

lawn mower horsepower
Do they rate home ridding lawntractors horsepower way over what the are ? In the last 15 years I have had 3 mowers counting the one I bought this year. It is rated for 25 HP, but does not seem to be...
30
30