Subject Author Posted Replies

Round wood exterior handrails
What would be the best wood that is commonly available for EXTERIOR handrails? I want to put up a handrail, but it gets blazing hot here in summer, so want to use wood. Has to stay out 24/7 rain, sun,...
9
9

flooring options
I have a daylight basement with infloor heating in the concrete. I want to now finish the basement and want to know what materials I can use, except for tile, that I can use for proper heat transfer....
1
1

"Fat Cat" pool table dis-assembly?
We're moving and have a Fat Cat 8x4 ft pool table in the basement that I would like to move. First, anybody know how to contact them? Internet searching has been fruitless. I'm trying to find...
20
20

Second power washer principle
I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses...
2
2

Roller Shades Won't Stay Down
We ordered some roller shades for the inlaws, and finally got around to installing them this weekend. The installation seems simple enough, I held up the blind to find out where the brackets should be...
6
6

Power washer principle
Does a power washer have to have pressurized water on the inlet, or will it draw from a tank source? Steve
10
10

Electric baseboard heat
Have a small unheated room to be used as a shop ... about 11 ft x 8 ft ... presently unheated. Plenty of power. Ground level. Plan on using electric baseboard heat. Any recommendation regarding types...
16
16

Hammer Drill or Rotary Hammer for poured concrete wall
I am looking for a way to create a hole through a poured concrete wall to allow a 1-1/2 inch PVC pipe from a sump pump to go through. The "hole" will actually be at the very top of the poured concrete...
20
20

Sealing Exterior at foundation
My 5-yr old house exterior is hardi-plank siding. But at the bottom, it's a piece of wood plank covering on concrete foundation. The plank is about 1-2 inches above yard ground. Use fingers to check...
1
1

curtains again
Less than 90 seconds: for your comment. I have wasted more time and money than I thought possible doing this. It doesn't help that it's some of the cheapest crap that China sends over here, to be...
2
2

Dewalt compressor - trouble today
Hi All, I was on a roof today with a pneumatic nailer running on a ground-based Dewalt compressor. After light-duty cycling on/off for three hours, the compressor's work was finished. I walk up to the...
3
3

Getting rid of unwanted pests
video: University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Using Diatomaceous Earth (DE), peppermint, heated vinegar and salt, lavender, Bay leaves and NutraSweet
4
4

baseboard heat
Hi, Yesterday, for the first time I saw what was inside a baseboard radiation: 3/4" copper tube with fins. I see how the fins can be efficient at releasing the heat. But the volume of water is...
26
26

How To Clean Your Clothes Dryer Vent (with pictures)
I read a home fire safety article recently and it inspired me to clean the hot air exhaust vent on our clothes dryer. I also figured it would help the appliance run more efficiently and cost us less...
9
9

generac S4002
------------------------------------- ron fletcher//. replaced the rectifer but still only 3.5v output.open to any ideas.