LOWES Kitchen installers

I have a problem in which a LOWES installer convince me to eliminate LOWES and he can help me do my repairs also I was advised my LOWES that a licensed contractor was coming out to my house. At the time the guy came out to my house his license was expired. Not until I was thousands of dollars in the red did I caught it. I have called lowes 800 number and the store managers Eric and Michael and I am aaiting a callback. Please let me know.

------------------------------------- N.Maharaj

/o)\ \(o/

Reply to
maha2010

Troll???

Reply to
hrhofmann

Let that be a hard-earned lesson for everybody to ALWAYS check with the State licensing board to make sure that a license is still in force. Many people overlook this step. Especially maybe people new- ish to the country, and still more trusting.

Dunno what state OP is in. Here's the URL for the California board. Your state will have the same into on the State Web site.

OP might have to hire a lawyer. In any case, he should report the perp to the State licensing board. A phone call doesn't prove much if you have to go to court. Put it in writing!

Good luck.

HPl

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Assuming for the moment that you're serious and that I am correctly interpreting you post:

If the installer they sent had an expired license, you should certainly bring that to their attention, BUT if you cut them out and then got screwed by the contractor, you removed any responsibility they might have had for the problem. Don't be too surprised if they're not very sympathetic.

Reply to
Larry Fishel

About a year ago I bought and contracted with Lowes to have my kitchen counters replaced with quartz. A nice guy came out and measured with a laser device and by tape my counters. I had done this earlier. In any case large extremely heavy quartz countertops arrived on the day promised. There were two major errors where large pieces were cut too short. You can not patch them. Contractor took them back but since I paid Lowes by credit card (not paid yet) I tried to block payment until I was satisfied. The fine print on the Lowes agreement I signed said they would be paid immediately even though work was not even started. The poor slob doing the work would not be paid until I signed a release. Contractor finally came through and I even got a little extra not planned on to cover the mistakes. The poor contractor lost on my job. Lowes did not. email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end TIA Hank

Reply to
Hank

I guess it all depends on who did the measuring. If it was the contractor then he should be the one to lose.

But to agree with a point that you implied, I declined any remote interest in being a contractor for them when it was once mentioned to me. Unlike a like of these young guys I have been screwed by pros before and know when to walk away.

Reply to
Colbyt

Because of the way a lot of these big box stores treat their contractors all you can get from them are hacks. Those who can't generate enough work on their own reputation.

I don't need that kind of tradesman doing work for me.

Reply to
clare

That's the kind of job you look at and realize you could have done a lot better yourself.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Bottom line is that installers for Lows are either new and trying to build up a business, or they suck and can't get jobs by themselves. Why else would they agree to pay Lowes a percentage of their income? Use a well established contractor not the lowes pro's.

Reply to
Tony Miklos