on line ordering from Lowes and Home Depot

I've had problems with both Lowes and HD and won't go back to either to order on line.

I only ordered once from each and both screwed up and made me work to correct their mistake.

HD sent me a mailbox that I ordered and also sent a toilet seat and a grill mat that I had not ordered. They did not charge for the mistake and I should have kept both because I had to fight with them to come and take them back.

Now it is Lowes with a grill cover ordered back in February which was paid for on my credit card but they called this morning to say that they had accidentally credited my credit card with the cost and now want it back. I have not seen the credit appear yet on the credit card bill yet and would keep it if not for the wife wanting me to get it back. They had to call me and with wife checking bills we spent at least a half hour so far. This for correcting a $34 mistake that they made.

Reply to
Frank

I don't see why it takes a half hour to find a credit on a credit card when it would be in one of 7 months. You just pull up 7 months online, credits are obvious. Regarding returning things they shipped by mistake, couldn't you drop it off at the local store? You can also order online and have it shipped to the store. That may be a better option for you.

Reply to
trader_4

I've probably ordered something from HD ten times in the past year, from lawn mower to pipe fittings. Never had a problem. Much faster shipping than Amazon too.

Reply to
Vic Smith

My Visa credit card provider thinks it is a scam but the Lowes number is for a Lowes in Texas. Whatever it appears system is compromised.

HD problem with only on line order will deter me from future orders. Glad you had not problem.

I like both stores but will be reticent to order on line from either.

Reply to
Frank

Might ad that posting at Lowes Facebook page got response that they would look into. They would have only given credit had I not received the item.

Today we live in a pool of internet and phone thieves. They like to particularly prey on us seniors.

Reply to
Frank

Looks like Lowes did foul up and credited my card. I called my Visa credit card company on how to correct and they told me to contact Lowes. So, I called Lowes customer service and gave details. Gal said next time I was in a Lowes store I could try to correct. I told her that for all the time and effort Lowes put me through with their error I would just like to forget about it and accept the $34 credit on my Visa card. She said I could do that and advised me to do it.

So that's it. If I had been paid for all the time and effort wife and I put up with straightening this out I would bill a lot more than $34.

Reply to
Frank

Must be a Trumptard related problem. If Lowes sent me a letter about a cre dit card charge from February, it would take me about 5 mins online to check February and March CC statements and see if they did incorrectly refund me. Seeing they did, I'd call whatever contact info was on the letter and if they couldn't handle it and process a new charge, I'd tell them to call me back when they can. End of story.

Reply to
trader_4