Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Is New. Turntable
A company is marketing a turntable to turn cars around in a house's driveway. <> Memory tells me railroads used them for their locomotives long ago. This turntable driveway can turn your car around...
9
9

Going back to work after working from home for over a year.
"Upon his post-pandemic return to the office 10 days ago, a senior editor at the Washington Post Tweeted this breaking news: "16-month-old pretzels taste pretty much like new ones." "

OT: Allow mobile phones when driving? Or ban the disabled from driving?
Using a mobile phone when driving is the same as a one armed disabled man talking to his wife as a passenger. Should we ban disabled drivers? Or perhaps be more sensible about phones?
98
98

poison ivy
How long does it take for a dead poison ivy vine to become inactive ? About 10 years ago I noticed a poison ivy (maybe oak) vine about an inch in diameter growing up the side of a ceder tree that was...
11
11

Grinding sound from Lennox Furnace
We were on vacation for a week and came home to an awful grinding sound coming from our Lennox central air system. Does anyone have any idea what this might be or how we can fix it ourselves?
4
4

OT. Park Your Chevy Bolt Outside
Fire danger.    Tesla has its share of problems. Losing a roof would be an experience. ...
6
6

Tapping into the Brain to Help a Paralyzed Man Speak
and video at the url. Tapping into the Brain to Help a Paralyzed Man Speak In a once unimagined accomplishment, electrodes implanted in the man?s brain transmit signals to a computer that displays his...
1
1

In-window A/C Unit and Current Draw
My daughter wants to install a window type A/C in two different rooms in her home. She has no idea if the units she's looking at, which draw 4.9 amps (115v), would overload any particular circuit....
95
95

Changing Oil Interval
I've got a 2013 Dodge Charger that I hardly drive and I keep it garaged. The car has 31,800 miles. I change oil and filter every 3000 miles, using standard oil, not synthetic. The last oil change was...
52
52

lowering quality to increas sales.
If an appliance manufacturer, for example, notices that its appliances last for many decades, is it moral and/or ethical for it to make them a little cheaper so that they fail sooner, so that people...
1
1

Sump Pumps drailn pipe is clogged.
I have a sump pump that pumps out of the basement with a 2" pipe. That pipe sits over and empties into a 4" black corrugated flexible plastic pipe that is buried and runs to the edge of the property,...
6
6

OT: Neutering pets
Why is neutering animals (pet cats for example) considered acceptable? Anyone who owns a pet should treat them as they would treat a child. Guess what happens when you neuter your child? You go to...
87
87

table
How can I paint an old table so that the paint does not corrode?
2
2

How to get rid of gap from sink edge to backsplash
I have a kitchen sink that is about 1/2 inch from the backsplash. I am messy when it comes to water and without fail, I get water back there. I would love to find a gadget or way to get rid if the gap...
4
4

Air handler
We are in the process of buying a new home and one of the repairs we requested, after the home inspection, was the entire replacement of the one of the HVAC system (there are 3). They called today to...
87
87