Subject Author Posted Replies

Deck House restoration
Lots of pics of our ongoing restoration of a 1970 contemporary Deck House. Not a lot of info on fixing these style houses on the web,so hope this might be helpful...
1
1

What kind of pipe to use in barn
I ran about 40 feet of 1" PCV pipe across the ceiling in my barn. It goes from the hydrant (spigot) in the "water room" to the opposite side of the barn. The object is to get the water over to that...
8
8

sitting toilet on base
The wax seal broke on the toilet. it sits on a concrete floor with a raised flange, and was not shimmed to prevent rocking. I'm trying to line up the bolts to re-seat the toilet on the flange before I...
11
11

10 Uses for Expired Gift Cards in Home Repair
From "This Old House" http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0 10 Uses For on This Old House
1
1

Need dolly ramp recommendations
Hi All, I need to be doing some moving of appliances into and out of my garage in to my house. The rise from outside of my house over the sill is 6". My refrigerator dolly can do this, but I am...
12
12

polycarbonate skylight hazing
Why would a polycarbonate skylight haze to the point it looks like frosted glass? Background: North Florida (Gainesville). About ten years, my mom replaced the glazing on the large (about 2.5x5')...
6
6

stand by generac
hello i have a customer who has a stand by that is having troubles running. i changed the oil pressure switch,but the unit still says low oil and will not come on auto.but if you reset it it will run....
8
8

Toilet Clog?
My toilet/drain has a clog in it. I can tell by the half assed way it flushes. I tried the usual things, like a plunger, hot water, and even a toilet auger. I can get the toilet auger all the way down...
9
9

Bricks under the furnace?
1) I'm getting a new oil furnace in the basement, and the installer wants to put a brick under each corner. ?? Is this something old- timers do? Is it a good idea? Are the bricks to prevent rusting?...
41
41

Strange Problem With Toilet
A friend of mine has a strange problem with his toilet and I'm at a loss as how to fix it. He desperate and I'm not sure what to do about it. http://tinyurl.com/2dcsukq
10
10

APN news service
Anyone else in this group using this service?? Forte's Agent Premium Newsgroups (APN) $3 for 12GB a month. I've been on a trial for two months, but haven't really used it so much. But I don't see any...
20
20

Leveling floor for hardwood
I've already asked about how to level concrete, but now I'm contemplating going after my main living level. I'm going to replace the carpet with laminate, and thus, any imperfections will likely be...
5
5

Lowe's black friday deals
35,000-100,000 hours or so is more likely.
2
2

Shopping Black Friday at Lowes
Got up early this morning. Wanted to go to Lowes to get do some Christmas shopping. I went in at 5:00a when they opened, not because I thought they would run out of stuff, but to beat the later crowd....
8
8

Phil's compressor question
I drain my compressor every time I use it. Should I leave the drain valve open to ensure that no moisture collects? I use my compressor about 3 times a month or so.
4
4