Subject Author Posted Replies

Damp box bottoms from (Ida) flood
I was happy a closet with boxes didn't seem to get water, but a week alter I find bottoms of boxes damp I will replace, but wondering.. fortinately no mildew (yet) But I remmeber boxes damamged by...
1
1

Cordless drill battery and charger - might have been dumb
In a thrift shop today I found a Craftsman 3/8 inch drill driver, 15.6 V for $10 so I bought it. I was thinking batteries are probably old, but there might be some life left, and how expensive can...
19
19

Home school
<> The pandemic helped establish homeschooling as a fixture among educational options in the US. But it’s been around—and gaining in popularity—for a while.

medical vs. non--medical surgical masks
This is for me almost an academic question, but for others it might be important. There appear to be two kinds of disease-prventing masks, that both look like "surgical masks", often blue on one side....
6
6

OT Why I like my area of Florida
Florida highway safety and motor vehicles (DMV) has contracted out the collection of the driver's license tax to the tax collector. I had to get my "real ID" (usually you just mail them a check and...
95
95

attic fan thermostat with dial
I want to install an Attic fan and I also want it on a thermostat, but all the thermostats that I see for attic fans don't have dials, just a screw-driver slot to adjust the temp. I do see some line...
20
20

Mesh servers
I was told to get three mesh servers, one for each floor of my house and then put google phone and android TV on the mesh servers. My problem has been is the definition of mesh servers seems more...
3
3

See what I found behind a door to my basement!
| put it up last evening with the assist of one! Kuthe, RN, https://i.postimg.cc/wT6LFTq7/Home-Improvement-9-7-2021.jpg
2
2

Do you think just a coat of paint will fix this?
I'm thinking 2 gallons will take car of it. A fellow contractor came across this bed and sitting area in a crawlspace, with a name and "age 9" etched into the door...
4
4

OT. Fewer Men Going to College
So says this article. <> The link in the article to the Wall Street Journal article does get around the paywall. I don't what I'd do if I was 18. Go to a 4 year college, 2 year trade school, or just...
19
19

Strip LED fixture with accessory outlet
I have a four foot single tube T12 fluorescent fixture over the mirror in the bathroom. The plastic lens has degraded, yellow and cracked, and it's my last fixture with the old style fluorescent. It's...
33
33

Waste of time and money
I was recently reminded that dogs need rabies shots every year to 3 years. This is outrageous, and it means that rabies shots don't work. If they don't work, there is no point in getting them. Rabies...

OT. Healthcare Cost
I agree with your point. Once you look past about the first 20 or 30 entries, it starts to look pretty weak. I pulled that list from September so that I could get a full month, but it looks pretty...
7
7

Canadian Housing up 22% Over Last Year
In on Sat, 04 Sep 2021 17:22:14 -0400, micky
4
4

forging vaccination cards
I think I said before that there probably was and if not there should be a law against faking vaccination cards. And apparently there is one at least in one state: looks like the card is real or a...
18
18