OT Google search personality traits:

Someone callled me from a doctor's office and I later decided I might want to call her back.

I used caller-id to get her number and I googled it, hopefully to see if it was a particular person or just the main office number.

All I put in for search is the phone number, with two hyphens.

And it gave me a different doctor's office, a large practice with several specialties, the same one I got to for a GP.

It was the first hit, but at the same time google noted: Missing: 443-abc-defg | Must include: 443-abc-defg

So the only thing I searched on was missing. So why did google select it.

It did have 17 phone numbers listed for various doctors and other staff that started wiith 443-abc, but there must be loads of pages that mention that exchange. Was this selected because 17 was the largest number of them. Or does it keep track tha I go to this domain 20 or 40 times a year (in spurts)?

Specifically it was .../main/locations/4.aspx, the locations page. Except the staff was grouped by specialty with no mention of which office location it was!!

Reply to
micky

I get that all the time also, and not just on phone numbers. One way to stop it is to put quotes around the number.

 "443-abc-defg"
Reply to
Anonymous