can't hear t he phone r ing

Someone called yesterdday while I was eating dinner, with the tv on but not loud.

I didn't hear the ringing of the phone, a corless sitting in its charger, even though it's no more than 3 feet from my ear. There was a box on the table in between my ear and the phone.

Is there any good way to make the phone ring more loudly (other than taking it out of the charger and putting it in front of me, which I've done a couple times but would rather not have to every time I sit down.)

I already, years ago, went through all the ring tones and chose the loudest, which iirc is Beethoven's Unfinished Symphony. (all the others were beeps and dings!)

Reply to
micky

Time for a hearing aid? Or a new phone? If you can't hear it at 3 feet there is more of a problem than a simple adjustment.

It is also possible to get accessories such a lights that flash.

Ed Pawlowski

My tv has a pop up caption at the top of the screen when the phone rings. I know who is calling. My phone has two receivers. I could keep one with me while the other is on the charger. The sound is the old ringer like phones of half a century ago. Here's a list of phones for older people.

I have no idea how good the rating system is. Consumer Reports didn't have any ratings.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I bought one of these for my Aunt Matilda, God rest her soul.

She couldn't hear me knock on the apartment door but she could that bad boy ring when I called from outside the door.

I could hear it too!

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

trader_4

It says it comes apart in two pieces, but none of the pictures show where.

It also is out of stock. If I had a a partner and someone to stake us, we could all get rich selling these.

Reply to
micky

Poor advertisement. They didn't even show where the batteries go and what size.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski