Subject Author Posted Replies

Free publications on home maintenance & repair
Excellent mostly free PDF publications for download here on house = renovation, maintenance, repair, etc. Publications & Reports from Canada Mortgage & Housing Corp Page Not Found | Page non trouvée

Kitchen appliances
This is like asking, what is a good automobile! Blue collar worker, looking for dependable....appliances. So looking for stuff above basic/cheap, maybe in stainless. Have had many brands, not real...
38
38

My resting place
When i'm dead i'll be stuffed in here & buried in the ditch behind the shed !! Won't cost a cent !! Pic's below ! Jerry http://community.webtv.net/Grandmother300/Urn2011
10
10

Does a well need a vent on the cap?
Does a water well need a vent on the cap? My wall has a weird cap because it once had as an old fashioned windmill setup. There is just one small hole, and the wires come out of there. It does allow...
5
5

The Green Thing
The Green Thing Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment. The woman...
17
17

OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax
They are "not raising taxes" they are "just helping to collect taxes". There is a big difference... Senators debated a measure to collect sales taxes on online purchases.
250
250

Removing old grout from tile
Anyone have an easy solution for removing old grout (8 years) from tile other than scrape and scrub?
1
1

OT This red head is a very good dancer
Too bad there is not more of her. Watch the red head in the blue shirt.
3
3

Big Boss Water Softener
My GE 11 year old water softener has been giving me problems with the brine draw. I have had the head apart too many times and I usually get it to work for a year or so. Right now it is working,...
1
1

The Land of the Free
We the people........ http://tinyurl.com/6w8tcgp
8
8

How much to remove heating oil?
Someone on the People's Court said that the oil company charged 500 dollars to fill up her oil tank, and t hen 538 dollars to remove the oil (because she converted to gas).. The company wants both...
35
35

Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven
I just watched the store security video of this event: this Detroit? Or Atlanta? Planet of the Apes? Wow. This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.
23
23

fireplace insert install question
I will be installing wood burning fireplace insert soon. Have never done this before, and need some advise on couple of things.. Have been looking for 20' X 6" stainless flex liner kit. So far Chimney...
1
1

container insulation
I want to make one room in my container for brewing beer. Basically either frame it in wood or metal framing, insulate, sheetrock. Has anyone done this type of project? Would I do better using foam?...
14
14

Wood door out of balance
Greetings, I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest US, built in 1954. The back door is wood with 3 glass sections, 3 panel sections, and 3 hinges with nice, tight screws. Say the door is at...
16
16