Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Bad advice for DIY projects
Hi, Very deserving for their ignorance. Up here in Vancouver a self proclaimed healer w/o any medical knowledge or training gave a woman high dose of Arsenic repeatedly causing here become...
12
12

Cordless corded tools?
I just converted a Dremel 10.8 V rotary tool to use Bosch 10.8 V batteries. I always have the rotary tool immediately in front of me, so the battery will either be worn on a neck strap or be set down...
14
14

Cutting Old Oak
I had a large oak tree cut down in 2005 and had them cut the trunk into 6-foot sections, planning to cut each into 18-inch quarters for splitting into firewood. In retrospect, it would have been...
7
7

R-19 in a 4 inch stud wall
Framing a small shop within my unheated shop. Small area will be heated to= constant 50=B0 to obviate rust on my machinery. Have lots and lots of R-1= 9 left over from previous projects. Need to...
8
8

I need help in putting in a Drop in Stove
My house is about 20 years old. We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one. New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8 The Stove product dimensions...
5
5

Holmes inspection
Watching show. They laughed at toilet in basement with no walls. They actually removed it. I didn't really think nothing of it being from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh toilet.
9
9

Dental floss toilet beast (must see)
My basement toilet had always been a slow flusher, so much so that it was seldom ever used. Decided to get one of those toilet augers from Home Depot and give it a spin today. Well, the darn thing got...
29
29

Uses for Vaseline in the Home
Vaseline works well for lubricating faucet stems and hinge pins. What other uses are there in the home or car?
16
16

Good Qualtiy Kin-sized Mattress
We spent a lot of money at Macy's for a Sealy mattress with a form-fitting foam which was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. It may have been called Sealy True Form. We soon got...
14
14

Dual sump pumps-check valve?
In the same crock I have two sump pumps on two separate breakers. The primary pump has a check valve installed and it drains into a underground pipe that runs to a sewer. The backup pump float is set...
42
42

Dutch fall out of love with windmills
Dutch fall out of love with windmills the Netherlands built its first sea-based wind turbines in 2006, they were seen as symbols of a greener future. Towering over the waves of the North Sea like an...
34
34

Is there a third choice?
Big news article in a recent newspapers said that the cost of funerals has become so expensive that people can no longer afford to die. Well, the cost of living has also gotten to the point that...
29
29

Fixing a keyless entry remote control
I don't see how anyone is going to give an accurate answer to this without at least a picture. But one tip is that you probably only need electrical connectivity at two of the points. The third is...
8
8

Work/Trouble Light suggestions
I am looking for suggestions on what type of work light or trouble light to buy. I usually end up buying regular incandescent bulb work lights, but I am sick of the bulbs burning out because they are...
10
10

What's a better chainsaw file than the Oregon #23727 3/16" (4.8mm) round file?
I don't know what your method is, but one common mistake people make when using a file is to draw it backwards while maintaining pressure on it--this dulls the teeth of the file needlessly.
8
8