Zennis Update

Took the bunch of Zenni glasses to independant optician. He put them all on the "gadget" and find out that most of the Zennis correction were exactly as requested. One had the wrong astigmatism correction.

Now, I'm thinking that the independant optician doctor lady at Walmart wrote down the wrong numbers. Or, did the test wrong. From what I can figure, my eyes need stronger correction, and she wrote down weaker correction than what I had before.

I'm going to call the store, and ask for a recheck. And when it warms up a bit, the economy picks up. I may also be going to the more honest optical doctor, and get another eye exam.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Our local Walmart (Naperville, IL) optical dept has a very good reputation.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Sounds like Zenni owes you one. I'd double check my order to make sure mistake was not yours in transposing. That was my biggest concern on order because it is not like passing a local optician your script.

My optical doctor is an MD in a four man practice that even does eye surgery. I see him twice a year for checking progress of AMD and cataracts and insurance pays for these visits. They don't pay for prescriptions for glasses. He's got me on eye vitamins and AMD (drusen) remains the same.

I'm a fan of Walmart but would only go so far with them. Would get my meds there but not go so far as seeing a doctor there.

Reply to
Frank

The optician in the WallyWorld here couldn't get my frames traced so I went to one of the mall places for new lenses. They had no trouble at all, and were about 25% cheaper.

Reply to
krw